- Operates to 430 destinations in 124 countries crossing six continents, including Heavy freight, Private charter, High-density passenger flying, Express freight (DHL Express), 747 LCF Dreamlifter (Boeing Corp.), and VIP service. 4 Boeing Large Cargo Freighters (Boeing-owned, in CMI service) Atlas Air pilots operate 50 aircraft. 54 aircraft starting in Dec 2014. (39 747s and 11 767s. 4 additional 767s starting in Dec 2014.) Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings dry leases 10 aircraft (six 777’s, three 737s, and one 757)
- 4 Boeing 747-400 passenger aircraft (two in charter service; two provided by SonAir, in CMI service)
- 3 Boeing 767-300 passenger aircraft (in charter service)
- 2 Boeing 767-300 freighter aircraft (both will be leased to DHL Express following their conversion from passenger to freighter configuration in the fourth quarter of 2015)
- 5 Boeing 767-200 freighter aircraft (provided by DHL Express, in CMI service)
- 6 Boeing 777 freighter aircraft (three leased to TNT; two to AeroLogic GmbH; one to Emirates)
- 1 Boeing 757-200 freighter aircraft (leased to DHL Express)
- 1 Boeing 737-800 passenger aircraft (leased to Skymark Airlines)
- 1 Boeing 737-300 freighter aircraft (leased to China Postal Airlines)
- Cities served: Atlas Air Worldwide's companies manage and operate for customers to any city in the world capable of handling a Boeing 747.
- In 2014, we operated more than 28,200 flights, serving 432 destinations in 123 countries.
- The Polar operating certificate and livery will remain in place, but all hiring, pay, and pilot organization is now Atlas
- Trip rig: 4.95:1
- Selected by DHL to operate five 767 freighters (owned by DHL) in its North American network starting in 2012
- Fleet figure is for Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (which includes Polar's fleet)
- First year guarantee is 50 hrs/mo
- Operates primarily long term contracts with global airlines
- IATA code: 5Y; ICAO code: GTI
- ATC callsign: "Giant"
- This page last updated: September 15, 2015 (Pilots, Per Diem)
Hiring window is now open as of 1/2/2014
Application window is open. New hire classes start again in Feb.
2000 hours of total time; 500 hours turbine
Atlas interview gouge.
First year guarantee: 50 hours
Training pay: $1,600 per month until completion of IOE
Currently the training foot print is around 70 days.
Training travel: You will either have a ticket purchased for you to get to and from training or be reimbursed for mileage. Mileage will reimburse at .57 cents a mile up to $450 each way if you drive to training.
Per Diem: $2.40/hour until leaving MIA or
To view the Atlas and Polar flight schedules and list for a jumpseat go to: http://jumpseat.atlasair.com
Atlas Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 62 hours
Reserve guarantee: 62 hours
Most junior captain hired 01/11 (CVG - 767)
Most junior captain hired 07/10 (CA- 747)
$2.40/hour or $57.60 a day
$.50 per $1 up to 10% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes