- Strike vote passed by 99.6% (1115 yes to 4 no). 93% pilot group participation.
- Atlas has announced intentions to amalgamate existing Atlas and Southern contracts for a new contract
- Atlas will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Atlas recruiters!
- Company announced intention to merge Atlas and Southern, while operating Florida West as a separate parallel entity
- Atlas Air Worldwide said it had signed an agreement with the Seattle internet retailer, Amazon, to operate 20 Boeing 767 for the company for ten years
- Atlas Union has filed for mediation
- Operates to 430 destinations in 124 countries crossing six continents, including Heavy freight, Private charter, High-density passenger flying, Express freight (DHL Express), 747 LCF Dreamlifter (Boeing Corp.), and VIP service. 4 Boeing Large Cargo Freighters (Boeing-owned, in CMI service) Atlas Air pilots operate 50 aircraft. 54 aircraft starting in Dec 2014. (39 747s and 11 767s. 4 additional 767s starting in Dec 2014.) Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings dry leases 10 aircraft (six 777’s, three 737s, and one 757)
- 4 Boeing 747-400 passenger aircraft (two in charter service; two provided by SonAir, in CMI service)
- 3 Boeing 767-300 passenger aircraft (in charter service)
- 2 Boeing 767-300 freighter aircraft (both will be leased to DHL Express following their conversion from passenger to freighter configuration in the fourth quarter of 2015)
- 5 Boeing 767-200 freighter aircraft (provided by DHL Express, in CMI service)
- 6 Boeing 777 freighter aircraft (three leased to TNT; two to AeroLogic GmbH; one to Emirates)
- 1 Boeing 757-200 freighter aircraft (leased to DHL Express)
- 1 Boeing 737-800 passenger aircraft (leased to Skymark Airlines)
- 1 Boeing 737-300 freighter aircraft (leased to China Postal Airlines)
- Adding a 10th 747-8 in November and 2 additional 767F early 2016
- Cities served: Atlas Air Worldwide's companies manage and operate for customers to any city in the world capable of handling a Boeing 747.
- In 2014, we operated more than 28,200 flights, serving 432 destinations in 123 countries.
- The Polar operating certificate and livery will remain in place, but all hiring, pay, and pilot organization is now Atlas
- Contract negotiations officially started. Negotiation dates set through October 2016, averaging 4-5 meetings a month. Contract expires Sept. 2016.
- Trip rig: 4.95:1
- Selected by DHL to operate five 767 freighters (owned by DHL) in its North American network starting in 2012
- Fleet figure includes Polar's fleet and aircraft owned by Titan Leasing
- First year guarantee is 50 hrs/mo
- Operates primarily long term contracts with global airlines
- IATA code: 5Y; ICAO code: GTI
- ATC callsign: "Giant"
- This page last updated: January 19, 2017 (Quicktake)
Application window is open
Atlas will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Atlas recruiters!
Hiring classes of 24 every 3 weeks.
2000 hours of total time; 500 hours turbine
During training pay is $1600.00 per month plus per diem of $2.40 and hour until leaving MIA
Plan on 4 Months at $1600 a month, OE is backed up.
First year pay begins upon completion of OE or four months from hire date, whichever occurs first.
First year pay is $79.60 with 50 hour guarantee, but you will fly approximately 78 hours of credit once you are complete with OE
Contract became amendable September 2015.
Training travel: You will either have a ticket purchased for you to get to and from training or be reimbursed for mileage. Mileage will reimburse at .54 cents a mile up to $450 each way if you drive to training.
Apply with Atlas Air, Inc. www.pilotcareers-atlasair.icims.com
To view the Atlas and Polar flight schedules and list for a jumpseat go to: http://jumpseat.atlasair.com
Atlas Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
New Hire guarantee after 4 months or completion of OE 50 hours
Monthly guarantee: 62 hours
Reserve guarantee: 62 hours
Most junior captain hired Jul 2012 (CVG-767)
Most junior captain hired Aug 2011 (HSV-747)
$.50 per $1 up to 10% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes