- Operates to 341 destinations in 113 countries crossing six continents, including Heavy freight, Private charter, High-density passenger flying, Express freight (DHL Express), 747 LCF Dreamlifter (Boeing Corp.), and VIP service.4 Boeing Large Cargo Freighters (Boeing-owned, in CMI service)
- 4 Boeing 747-400 passenger aircraft (two in charter service; two provided by SonAir, in CMI service)
- 3 Boeing 767-300 passenger aircraft (in charter service)
- 2 Boeing 767-300 freighter aircraft (provided by DHL Express, in CMI service)
- 5 Boeing 767-200 freighter aircraft (provided by DHL Express, in CMI service)
- 3 Boeing 777 freighter aircraft (two dry leased to AeroLogic GmbH, 1 to Emirates )
- The Polar operating certificate and livery will remain in place, but all hiring, pay, and pilot organization is now Atlas
- Trip rig: 4.95:1
- Selected by DHL to operate five 767 freighters (owned by DHL) in its North American network starting in 2012
- Fleet figure is for Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (which includes Polar's fleet)
- First year guarantee is 50 hrs/mo
- Operates primarily long term contracts with global airlines
- IATA code: 5Y; ICAO code: GTI
- ATC callsign: "Giant"
- This page last updated: April 30, 2014 (Pilots, Fleet, Domiciles, Jumpseats, Quicktake)
Hiring window is now open as of 1/2/2014
Application window is open. New hire classes start again in Feb.
2000 hours of total time; 500 hours turbine
Atlas interview gouge.
Requests can be made via the AAWW public website.
Polar Air Cargo:
Atlas Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 62 hours
Reserve guarantee: 62 hours
Most junior captain hired 09/05 (CVG - 767) also The 777's are owned by Titan - a sister company to Atlas Air (both are owned by AAWW) and are not flown by Atlas pilots
Future contractual pay raises: September 2013, 2014, and 2015
$.50 per $1 up to 10% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes