- Started BOS service and will start ORD service Aug 2014.
- Rostering (Crew Schedule) limits you to no more than 5 days off in a row during any month.
- Received Step Increase in May 2014 (Approx 3%) but no pay raise
- Daily 777 service DFW-Dubai, SEA-Dubai, and IAD-Dubai
- Aircraft on order: A380: 55; B777-300ER: 63; B777F: 5
- Emirates pays all utilities to a cap 32,000 Dhs/year per villa, but does not provide monthly utility billings to pilots
- US destinations: SEA, SFO, LAX, DFW, IAH, JFK, and IAD
- Salary is tax free up to $97,600 for US citizens (2013)
- You are not allowed to fly over time. If you try to swap into overtime the system will reject it
- Flying on day off pays $176 for the callout
- Pay is increased by a minimum of 3% every May 1st, depending on company's profit
- Salary is tax free up to $95,100 for U.S. citizens (2012)
- Provident fund: 12% of basic salary thru year 10; after year 10, 15%
- Housing: if married, pilot receives a villa; married, no kids: 3 bedroom condo; single: 2 bedroom condo or you can opt out of all housing and get approx $3,000 USD/month
- This page last updated: April 28, 2015 (Hiring)
Hiring. Emirates jobs page.
Our recruitment team is currently planning an extensive roadshow schedule for 2015. For information on upcoming Pilot Roadshows and Events please click below.
Three year training bond, $36,000.
Starting FO basic pay is AED 25,420 (approx. $6,900/mo.), plus flight pay.
New joiners eligible for a villa, will no longer get a villa, but a townhouse. Existing pilots living in villas are being evicted and moved to townhouses.
Maximum rostered is 5 but you can swap for two more. Absolute limit is 7 days off in a row. Maximum is 15 in calendar month. Housing Allowance: Cpts: $4,375/month FO's: $3,900/month Flight
Average monthly flying hours are 90 hours, no minimum days off, peak times for EK ops 12 midnight to 0400. A lot of back side of the clock flying.
IAD, BOS, ORD are all 3 pilot operations with a "legal" duty period of 22 hours
EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $42,000 USD
(Click and drag the sliders)
[Figures converted from UAE currency at $1 USD = 3.68 AED]
**Corrections to payscale**: 1st yr FO: $6,890; 1st yr Cpt: $9,914.
Above salary does not include flight time pay (FO: $12.22/flight hr; capt: $16.26/flight hr).
Most junior captain hired: Nov 2008 (777)
Provident Fund pays cash benefit at end of service.
Pilot must contribute 5% of base pay (vested 100% immediately).
Emirates contributes an amount equal to 12% of base pay (50% vested after 5 years; 100% vested after 7 years).
Company contribution increases to 15% after 10 years.
With a limit on consecutive days off in a month (5), a "no commuting" policy is in place. All pilots must live in Dubai.
Per Diem is based on 3 meals local currency, in the hotel after discount
401K Matching: Yes
After 5 years, a pilot can receive 75% of company contributions to the Provident Fund (not 50% as previously written). At the 7 year point, the pilot will receive 100% of all contributions from the company.