- Started BOS service and will start ORD service Aug 2014.
- Rostering (Crew Schedule) limits you to no more than 5 days off in a row during any month.
- Received Step Increase in May 2014 (Approx 3%) but no pay raise
- Daily 777 service DFW-Dubai, SEA-Dubai, and IAD-Dubai
- Aircraft on order: A380: 55; B777-300ER: 63; B777F: 5
- Emirates pays all utilities to a cap 32,000 Dhs/year per villa, but does not provide monthly utility billings to pilots
- US destinations: SEA, SFO, LAX, DFW, IAH, JFK, and IAD
- Salary is tax free up to $97,600 for US citizens (2013)
- You are not allowed to fly over time. If you try to swap into overtime the system will reject it
- Flying on day off pays $176 for the callout
- Pay is increased by a minimum of 3% every May 1st, depending on company's profit
- Salary is tax free up to $95,100 for U.S. citizens (2012)
- Provident fund: 12% of basic salary thru year 10; after year 10, 15%
- Housing: if married, pilot receives a villa; married, no kids: 3 bedroom condo; single: 2 bedroom condo or you can opt out of all housing and get approx $3,000 USD/month
- This page last updated: December 12, 2014 (Fleet, Hiring, Pilots)
Hiring. Emirates jobs page.
Three year training bond, $36,000.
Starting FO basic pay is AED 25,420 (approx. $6,900/mo.), plus flight pay.
New joiners eligible for a villa, will no longer get a villa, but a townhouse. Existing pilots living in villas are being evicted and moved to townhouses.
Maximum rostered is 5 but you can swap for two more. Absolute limit is 7 days off in a row. Maximum is 15 in calendar month. Housing Allowance: Cpts: $4,375/month FO's: $3,900/month Flight
Average monthly flying hours are 90 hours, no minimum days off, peak times for EK ops 12 midnight to 0400. A lot of back side of the clock flying
IAD, BOS, ORD are all 3 pilot operations with a "legal" duty period of 22 hours
EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $45,000 USD
(Click and drag the sliders)
**Corrections to payscale**: 1st yr FO: $6,890; 1st yr Cpt: $9,914.
Above salary does not include flight time pay (FO: $12.22/flight hr; capt: $16.26/flight hr).
Most junior captain hired: Nov 2008 (777)
Provident Fund pays cash benefit at end of service.
Pilot must contribute 5% of base pay (vested 100% immediately).
Emirates contributes an amount equal to 12% of base pay (50% vested after 5 years; 100% vested after 7 years).
Company contribution increases to 15% after 10 years.
Per Diem is based on 3 meals local currency, in the hotel after discount
401K Matching: Yes
After 5 years, a pilot can receive 75% of company contributions to the Provident Fund (not 50% as previously written). At the 7 year point, the pilot will receive 100% of all contributions from the company.