- American Airlines and US Airways completed their merger
- Name of the new parent company is "American Airlines Group"
- After the merger, the new American Airlines is the world's largest airline
- American Airlines plans to hire 1,500 new pilots over the next five years and has offered to recall all pilots who are currently furloughed
- MIA-MXP (Milan, Italy) service begins Nov 21, using the B767-300ER
- MIA-CZM (Cozumel, Mexico) service begins Nov 21, with B737-800 aircraft
- LAX-GRU (Sao Paulo, Brazil) service to tentatively begin Nov 21, pending final governmental approval
- Deliveries for 93 additional B737-800 aircraft continue until 2017
- Orders for 100 B737 MAX aircraft to be delivered in 2017 through 2022, with options for an additional 60 B737 MAX aircraft in the years 2020 through 2025
- Currently taking delivery of 65 A319 aircraft and 65 A321 aircraft until 2017, with options for an additional 85 aircraft from the A320 family
- The A319 aircraft are powered by CFM56-5B6 engines, and the A321 aircraft will be equipped with IAE V2533-A5 engines
- The first Airbus A319 for American Airlines has been delivered in the new livery; about one-third of the existing fleet will be repainted by the end of 2013, with the rest of the fleet to be repainted within five years
- Two variants of the A321 will be flown by American: A Standard A321 which will include Main Cabin Extra seating, and a 102-seat Transcon A321 model
- Beginning January 7, 2014 the Transcon A321 will replace retiring B767-200ER aircraft in the JFK-LAX market with two daily round trips, increasing to six daily round trips by Jan 31. Transcon A321 service in the JFK-SFO market is expected to begin later in 2014
- Orders for 130 aircraft from the A320NEO family to be delivered in 2017 through 2022, with options for an additional 280 aircraft from the A320NEO family
- Retiring all MD80s with the arrival of new B737-800s, A319s and A321s
- The Restructured Boeing Aircraft Purchase Agreement of January 11, 2013 confirmed the orders for 12 B787-8 aircraft and 30 B787-9 aircraft (with options for an additional 58 B787s), provides for the substitution of up to 20 B787-8 aircraft for B787-9s, and accelerated the delivery schedule to now occur from November 2014 through September 2018
- 11 remaining B777-300ERs on order; deliveries through 2016
- Monthly schedule bidding using PBS to begin in 1Q 2014
- Utilizes satellite bases - defined as "a station other than the pilot's domicile which contains sequences that originate and terminate at the same station"
- The three current [domiciles] having assigned (satellite) bases are: [LAX] - (ONT) (SNA) (SAN) (SFO); [DCA] - (BWI) and [MIA] - (PBI)
- The LAX domicile is also supplemented by certain flying which originates and terminates at SAN, essentially as if it were a satellite base
- Also uses five geographic areas as co-terminals, they are: LGA/JFK/EWR; ORD/MDW; DFW/DAL; DCA/IAD and MIA/FLL
- Both of the previous pilot retirement benefit plans have now been replaced with a fixed 14% (to increase to 16% in 2014) company contribution to a 401k account
- Main Cabin Extra seating, which includes four to six inches of additional leg room and Group 1 boarding priority, has been completed on all aircraft types in the fleet, except for the B777-200ER
- Wi-Fi offered through Gogoair.com is available on most aircaft operating on domestic routes
- Most fleet types have 110V AC power outlets available at each seat in First and Business Class, as well as in select rows of the Main Cabin
- All new deliveries of B737-800, A319 and A321 aircraft will have seatback video entertainment, 110V AC power outlets and USB jacks available at every seat
- A321 Transcon aircraft will feature 10 Flagship Suites that transform into a fully lie-flat six-foot eight-inch bed with drop-down armrests in a 1x1 reverse herringbone pattern in First Class, 20 lie-flat seats in a 2x2 layout in Business Class, 36 Main Cabin Extra seats and 36 standard Main Cabin seats
- All B777-300ER aircraft feature satellite-based international Wi-Fi offered through T-Mobile, seatback video entertainment, 110V AC power outlets and USB jacks at every seat
- All B777-300ER aircraft have 8 Flagship Suites in a 1x2x1 reverse herringbone pattern in First Class and 52 lie-flat seats in a 1x2x1 layout in Business Class; all B777-200ER aircraft have 16 Flagship Suites in First Class, and 37 lie-flat seats in Business Class utilizing the same 1x2x1 setup as the B777-300ER
- American is a founding member of the oneworld global airline alliance
- The arbitration panel has issued its final award which establishes contractual protections that will be provided to former TWA pilots which will continue in force until the earlier of: two named former TWA pilots each being able to hold bid status as a widebody/narrowbody Captain respectively; or the date under which AA and APA have reached agreement to change or eliminate these guarantees and preferences following January 1, 2019
- The company has also agreed that no pilot base other than STL shall be closed prior to October 1, 2013
- IATA code: AA; ICAO code: AAL
- ATC callsign: "American"
- Allied Pilot Association (APA)
- New American Airlines B Fund / longevity scale
- This page last updated: January 13, 2016 (Pay Scale)
Application window opens October 1st. First new-hire class expected December 3rd.Expecting 600 for 2014, 1500 for the next 3 years.
Recalling furloughed pilots at a rate of up to 60 pilots/month for September and October.
While all AA/TWA pilots have been recalled, there are approximately 150 pilots at American Eagle with AA seniority numbers who will be given the opportunity to join AA before off-the-street hiring begins.
All remaining furloughed pilots may defer recall to American until May 1, 2016. Any furloughed pilot can notify the company that he desires to end the recall deferral, and in such case the company will recall the pilot in seniority order to the next available class date.
List online before checking in at the ticket counter or gate.
Offline pilots are classified as a "D6L" or "D6U". Jumpseaters are limited to one (even if cabin has seats available) if your airline does not have an "unlimited jumpseat" reciprocal agreement. Unlimited jumpseat carrier pilots (coded "D6U") may occupy as many empty passenger seats as are available. CASS participant.
American Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year pay for Capt on A320 series and 737 series and S80 series is $227 an hour
73 hrs long and 76 short call
International Override Pay:
Future contractual pay raises: Variable percentage every year through 2018. Pay parity review with UA and DL in 2016.
Most junior captain hired: MIA 737 Nov 98
16% DC Contribution starting 1/2014
401K Matching: Yes
US Airways and American Airlines pilots are now receiving company contributions to B Fund through 2018.
2013 - 58
2014 - 83
2015 - 112
2016 - 135
2017 - 190
2018 - 300
2019 - 418
2020 - 535
2021 - 580
2022 - 647
2023 - 704
2024 - 717
2025 - 713
2026 - 705
2027 - 595
2028 - 512
2029 - 474
2030 - 414
2031 - 434
2032 - 385
2033 - 368