- Interline agreements: Aer Lingus, Cape Air, American, South African, Emirates, El Al, LAN, Virgin Atlantic, Icelandair, Qatar, and TAM
- Interline agreement with Hawaiian and Virgin Atlantic out of MCO, BOS, JFK and IAD
- Agreement with Singapore Airlines out of EWR (EWR-SIN nonstops), and JetAirways throughout India
- One-way codeshare Lufthansa onto JetBlue
- 40 A320neo orders and conversion of 30 of the remaining 52 A320 orders to A321s
- 2011-16: 38 E190 orders/78 options, Jetblue has lowered commitment to arrive at 60 E190 total (some aircraft/options to be sold)
- Pilots on reserve are on a 2 hour call out and are not assigned a reserve start time until noon the day prior; call out time may change everyday as needed by crew services
- JetBlue routemap
- Junior Assignment add'l pay is 40% of pilot's base rate
- Each pilot signs an individual contract
- E190s have dual HUDs
- JFK-based pilots get free parking at Lefferts Blvd (30 minute train ride to terminal 5); they also have the option to pay $33/day to park across from the terminal
- Pay calculator below does not reflect the 1.5 times base pay for flying more than 78 hrs/mo
- Rigs: trip rig 3.5:1; duty rig 2:1
- Night pay override $13/hr for flying between 0100-0500 base local time
- The individual pilot contract does not include any of the medical insurance, retirement, or work rules
- This page last updated: Dec 5, 2013 (hiring)
JetBlue is hiring; they're accepting applications for First Officers.
A transition incurs a 2-year aircraft lock (E190 FO to A320 FO); an upgrade incurs a 2-year aircraft lock (A320 FO to E190 capt).
JetBlue interview gouge.
Offline pilots may list days, weeks or months ahead of time and can check in for flight via the web (use the jetblue App for the iPhone or Android) up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
If a pilot is trying to catch an earlier flight and the pilot has a PNR for same city pairing that PNR can be rolled forward by the gate agent.
JetBlue Airways PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Premium pay starts at 78 hours and is credited at 150%.
International override pay only applies to destinations that require special route qualification (currently only San Jose, and Bogota)
$5.11/hr for Captains
$3.71/hr for FOs
Most junior A320 captain hired: Jan 2007 (BOS and JFK)
Most junior EMB190 captain hired: Jun 2007 (BOS)
401K: up to 8%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none
Other: Profit sharing: Currently 5%, BOD will determine percentage annually.