Have an Update?
Virgin America image thumbnail

Virgin America

Burlingame, CA

Company Website

Daily Stock Quote
  • Daily Stock Quote

    VA

    55.86

    -0.20
QUICKTAKE
  • Virgin America was purchased by Alaska Air Group on April 4, 2016 for $2.6 billion 
  • A320 order: 2013: 1 A320; 2015: 5 A320; 2016: 5 A320; 2020: 10 A320NEO; 2021:10 A320NEO; 2022: 10 A320NEO
  • Receiving 10 A321 NEOs beginning spring 2017 through summer 2018
  • Projected fleet in 2022: 93 aircraft (10 A319/53 A320/30 A320neo)
  • DAL now serves SFO, LAX, LGA, DCA, and LAS direct
  • LAX-HNL starts in March 
  • Reserve pilots get 13 days off/mo.
  • Wi-Fi and eight first class seats on all aircraft
  • All seats have power and USB outlets
  • Began operations in 2007
  • IATA code: VX; ICAO code: VRD
  • ATC callsign: "Redwood"
  • First ETOPS aircraft (of 6) will be delivered in early July, planned service SFO-HNL begins in Nov and SFO-OGG begins in Dec.
  • This page last updated: April 13, 2016 (Pilots, Hiring)
PILOTS
Total: 710
Active: 710
Furloughed: 0
UNION
ALPA

Trending from the Forum

Tool of the day
In Major

I will nominate myself as the first for starting this. A very close 2nd goes to the compass capt. (w ...

Replies: 8656 | Views: 3449687
FLEET
A319: 10
A320: 48
DOMICILES
JFK
LAX
SFO
HIRING
Is Hiring?: Yes

Application window is Open.

Announced hiring 106 new FO's by spring 2016 and up upgrading at least 52.

30-35 Pilots in pool.

Actively interviewing for planned classes in the fall.

Virgin America jobs page.

Minimums:
2,500 TT (excludes Helo, Sim, and F/E Time)
Preferred: A320 type rating; recent flight experience of 1,000 hours total time as PIC, in turbine or jet aircraft.

Virgin America interview gouge.

JUMPSEATS

List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.

Virgin America PAYSCALES

CAPTAIN PAY SCALE (Hourly)
Year
A319 A320     
12 189 189     
11 187 187     
10 185 185     
9 182 182     
8 180 180     
7 178 178     
6 175 175     
5 173 173     
4 171 171     
3 168 168     
2 166 166     
1 160 160     
FIRST OFFICER PAY SCALE (Hourly)
Year
A319     
12 125     
11 124     
10 123     
9 120     
8 118     
7 116     
6 113     
5 109     
4 104     
3 98     
2 85     
1 52     

PAY CALCULATOR
(Click and drag the sliders)

Pay Rate:

Credit Time:

Bid Periods:

Percentage:

PAY NOTES

Monthly guarantee: 70 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours

Each hour above 80/mo paid at 125%


Deadheading pay is 50% of the block time for the flight


Most junior captain hired: July 2010 (SFO)

Vacation:
Year 1: 5 days
Year 2-4: 15 days
Year 5+: 20 days

PER DIEM
$2.00/hr
RETIREMENT

401K:

7.5%, plus a non-matching company contribution of an additional 4.5% (Total of 12% max) 

401K Matching: Yes

A/B Fund:

none