- Virgin America was purchased by Alaska Air Group on April 4, 2016 for $2.6 billion
- New service from SFO to BWI, IND, KOA, BNA, MSY, PHL, RDU beginning 3rd and 4th quarters of 2017
- New service from LAX to PHL starts September
- Reserve pilots get 13 days off/mo.
- Wi-Fi and eight first class seats on all aircraft
- All seats have power and USB outlets
- Began operations in 2007
- IATA code: VX; ICAO code: VRD
- ATC callsign: "Redwood"
- First ETOPS aircraft (of 6) will be delivered in early July, planned service SFO-HNL begins in Nov and SFO-OGG begins in Dec.
- Virgin America will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Pilot Job Fair in Seattle, WA on August 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Virgin America recruiters!
- This page last updated: August 9, 2017 (Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
...Replies: 5599 | Views: 1642950
I'd be if Ohio will give me unemployment for the month...but I think voluntary LOA won't qualify...M ...Replies: 11252 | Views: 2662024
Application window is Open
Virgin America will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Pilot Job Fair in Seattle, WA on August 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Virgin America recruiters!
30-35 Pilots in pool.
Actively interviewing for planned classes in the fall
Virgin America jobs page.
2,500 TT (excludes Helo, Sim, and F/E Time)
Preferred: A320 type rating; recent flight experience of 1,000 hours total time as PIC, in turbine or jet aircraft.
Virgin America interview gouge
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
Virgin America PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 70 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Each hour above 80/mo paid at 125%
Deadheading pay is 50% of the block time for the flight
Most junior captain hired: July 2010 (SFO)
Year 1: 5 days
Year 2-4: 15 days
Year 5+: 20 days
7.5%, plus a non-matching company contribution of an additional 4.5% (Total of 12% max)
401K Matching: Yes