- Compass is owned by Trans States Holdings, Inc. (who also owns Trans States Airlines and GoJet Airlines)
- Compass Airlines will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday, April 22, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Compass recruiters!
- Wi-Fi in all aircraft
- Losing 6 E170 in 2017
- E170s each fitted with 9 first class/60 coach seating; E175s fitted with 12 first class and 64 coach seating
- Operates for Delta under Delta Connection and for American under American Eagle banner
- Monthly schedules bid via PBS
- First 6 years of longevity: 13 days/year vacation
- Deadhead pay is 80% of flight pay
- 11 days off/mo minimum for line or reserve
- Compass began service in May 2007
- Delivery of American Owned E175-EWT (Enhanced Wing Tip) models for American Eagle flying was completed in 4Q 2015
- Minimum day credit of 4 hours
- IATA code: CP; ICAO code: CPZ
- MSP base closing by December 2017; this base is now Corporate HQ but no longer a crew base
- This page last updated: May 10, 2017 (Quicktakes)
Trending from the Forum
Allegiant management believes there isn't and never will be, a pilot shortage. ...Replies: 5540 | Views: 1845875
First class slated for June. Attrition rate between 20-30 pilots/month
Compass Airlines will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, Nevada on Friday, April 22, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Compass recruiters!
FMS & EFIS experience
Part 121 experience
2,500TT, 500 ME, ATP
New-hires are brought to MSP for 1 day of orientation for administrative paperwork and a crew ID badge and then sent home for 2 weeks to complete a home study course. After the 2 weeks, they are returned to MSP for 6 weeks of training: 1 week of Gen Ops, 1 week of aircraft systems, 2 weeks Instrument/Flight Procedure Trainers, 1.5 weeks of Simulator/LOFT/LOE training, followed by a 4-5 day IOE trip in the aircraft. New-hires going to LAX and SEA domiciles, and pilots in-trainiing with 1 month seniority are being awarded MSP domicile. All new-hires will receive an ATP with a PIC ERJ170/190 type rating.
Single occupant hotel during training completely paid for
All new-hires are provided hotel housing during training
Compass interview gouge.
CASS participant. Unlimited jumpseats. Compass pilots are eligible to jumpseat in (1) cockpit jumpseat on E70/E75 aircraft as well as (2) available flight attendant jumpseats, only on Compass operated flights. Compass pilots can reserve the jumpseat up to 10 days in advance of the day they want to jumpseat on Compass flights. No other pilot, regardless of their relative seniority, can bump that Compass pilot.
Compass Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Contractual Pay Raise of 1.25% each January 1st through 2019
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
No longer require multi-time and now have a restricted ATP certificate so as long as the pilot went to an approved 4 year degree college he/she only need 1000 total time.
Minimum 12 days off for reserve and line holders on 31 day months.
All pilots are eligible to receive up to 4 hotel rooms per month in their base.
Most Junior Captain: LAX 10/15/2015
Most Junior Captain: LAX 12/3/2015
Junior FO is MSP
401K Matching: Yes
401K matching based on years of service:
1-4: 50% up to 6% of salary
5-8: 50% up to 8% of salary
9+: 50% up to 10% of salary