- Established in 1982, originally operated as Resort Air. Privately held regional airline owned by Trans States Holdings, with an excellent safety record.
- Currently employ approximately 1000 aviation professionals, of which close to 600 are pilots.
- Trans State will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Houston, TX on Saturday, March 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Trans State recruiters!
- Trans State will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, LV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Trans State recruiters!
- Operates for United Airlines as United Express and American Airlines as American Eagle, to over 70 cities in the US and Canada, with 250+ daily departures.
- Operates the Embraer 145 Aircraft. Trans States Holdings is the United States launch customer for the Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ), with 50 firm orders and 50 options. Anticipated first delivery in 2018. Trans States Airlines Pilot Group has contractual secured the rights to the first 20 MRJs delivered.
- United Express expansion will continue in 2016 with an addition of 15 aircraft.
- Crew bases are located in St. Louis (STL), Chicago (ORD), Washington D.C. (IAD) Denver (DEN) and Raleigh-Durham (RDU).
- Company paid IPad for EFB
- IATA code: AX; ICAO code: LOF
- ATC callsign: "Waterski"
- This page last updated: March 13, 2017 (Hiring, Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
In Hiring News
I interviewed on 3/24/11 and I got the FEDEX pool letter yesterday too. there were 11 candidates. I ...Replies: 15794 | Views: 4747890
Trans States is currently hiring Captain Qualified First Officers. This program allows pilots who meet Captain requirements to fly as either a Captain or a First Officer, depending on the airline’s scheduling needs.
2,500 hours total time 1,000 hours multi-engine time
1,000 FAR Part 121 time (Can be a combination of Part 121 and Part 135 time (Time for this qualification is considered on a case-by-case basis.)
CQFOs earn $50.07 per flight hour when flying as a First Officer, $62.84 per flight hour when flying as a Captain, and are eligible for $21,000 in signing and retention bonuses.
ATP Written is not required
4 company paid commuter hotels per month
4.25 min day credit
Trans State will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Houston, TX on Saturday, March 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Trans State recruiters!
Trans State will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, LV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Trans State recruiters!
Tuition Reimbursement through University and Flight Academy Partnerships Programs. Hiring Requirements
Generous Commuter Policy - requires only two scheduled flights on any airline in either the jump seat or cabin seat to get to work, unlimited use of commuter policy without punitive action.
Training - 100% Training pay. 90 day training period for new hires - Indoc Training through IOE. In house instructors. Base in STL during training.
Fast Captain Upgrades (12-16 months).
Reserve transparency - Ability to see schedules; Reserve scheduling flexibility - 7 days prior to reserve sit, pilot may add trip to their schedule.
Required Flight Experience:
Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
At least 21 years of age
Background Checks: DOT Background / criminal history / reference check / fingerprints/ National Drivers Record / No excessive check ride failures
Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship is required.
TSA provides ATP-CTP course for ATP or R-ATP eligible pilots, including travel and hotel accommodations. TSA offers 3 Convenient Ways to Interview - Candidates choose what works best for their schedule.
1. Interview at our headquarters in Saint Louis. Recruiters will gladly arrange flights in and out of Saint Louis.
2. Interview via Skype. Skype allows quick interviews without travel hassle for prompt job offer.
3. Interview at a Hiring Sessions across the nation.
TSA will fly candidates in and out the same day to a Hiring Sessions if scheduled in advance. If travel is not need candidate can simply apply online via airlineapps.com, bring logbook and copy of your application then interview on the spot (Advance appointments are recommended, but not required).
Visit TSA website to get the current list of Hiring Sessions and locations. Click on “Meet A Pilot Recruiter.”
Trans States interview gouge
CAAS approved for jump seating, Known Crew Member (KCM) badge.
Trans States Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
TSA Pilots signed 3 year contract extension August 2015, includes top-tier pay scale (among the highest in the regional industry).
Now offering $30,000 in signing and retention bonuses to new hire First Officers
New hire Captain Qualified First Officers can earn $21,000 in signing and retention bonuses
Future Raises - Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) of 1.5% in 08/2016, 08/2017 and 08/2018.
TSA pilot's enjoy profit sharing through the "PAYS Program," where they are eligible for up to $1200 a year in profit sharing
Premium Pay – Over time pay 150% for Captains and FOs
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Lines built typically greater than 80 hours (84 hour average).
Cancellation pay 100% leg by leg, block or better, pay protected for assigned flying.
Deadhead pay 100%.
11 days off guaranteed.
$1,500 Pilot Referral Bonus for each pilot hired and completes IOE.
Great health care coverage with low deducible. Health coverage provided by United Healthcare.
Dental provided by Delta Dental.
401K participation after 6 months, fully vested after 3 years.
Accidental life and dismemberment provided at 1.5 x annual salary, with additional coverage optional.
Company paid parking in base and a parking stipend for commuters.
After one year, 7 days of vacation are accrued, with the number of days increasing with years of service.
$25 monthly uniform allowance
Most junior captain hired:
Increase to $1.90 on August 2017
401K: $.50 for $1 up to 6% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none