- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings has agreed to acquired Southern Air Holdings as of April, 2016
- Southern Air has reached an agreement with the local 1224 of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) for an interim adjustment of the Southern Air pilots' terms and conditions of employment. The agreement increases wages for pilots and increases their wage scale under the Atlas Air collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Subject to ratification by the pilot group.
- The Southern Air Pilot Group has ratified an iterim agreement between the IBT and AAWW. The agreement increases wages for the pilots effective 9/1/2018 and increases their wage scale under the the Atlas Air collective bargaining agreement (CBA). This agreement also provides crew members airline travel to and from their base (gateway travel) and reduces required work days to 17 days over a 9 month implmentation period. New Pay Rate Table is available. Year 1 pay rate is now $79.60 for both the 777 and 737. Year 2 rate has risen to $91.97 on the 777 and $79.60 on the 737.
- Nov of 2016 most pay rates increased
- Jan of 2018 we switched to Atlas benefits, including a 401K match.
- All five 777s fly on contract for DHL
- Contract to fly 5 737s for DHL, out of CVG
- 777 are home based
- 737 crews are CVG based
- 737 overnights are MHR, YWG, DEN, MCI, and OMA.
- Schedules in the 777 are 20 days on, 10/11 days off
- Schedules in the 737 are 18 days on, 12/13 days off
- New destinations from CVG: DEN, YWG, OMA, MHR
- September 1st-737 pilots will be gateway based (airline ticket to work hotels provided by company)
- This page last updated: August 23, 2018 (Quicktake and Per Diem)
Trending from the Forum
In Part 135
Cape Air is looking more and more attractive to me these days, especially being able to live in the ...Replies: 1916 | Views: 1054405
Southern is hiring for both the 777 and 737 operates for DHL.
777 is home based 737 is based in CVG Interviews in CVG each week.
Apply via the Southern Air website.
No CASS agreements with Delta or Southwest.
CBA agreement with Local 1224 of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
Southern Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 61 hours (737); 60 hours (777)
Reserve guarantee: 61 hours (737); 60 hours (777)
Most junior captain hired: May 2015 (737)
Guaranteed Day Off Pay: If a Crewmember volunteers or is assigned duty on a guaranteed day off, the Crewmember will be credited with four (4) hours of pay in addition to the monthly guarantee and the hours flown on that day (either block or travel). Crewmembers must complete a full 20/30 day or 20/31 day work month prior to receiving guaranteed day off pay. Please see Section 6 for amplification on Guaranteed Days Off policy.
Monthly Rig Pay: Monthly Rig is a guarantee of three and one-half (3.5) pay hours for twenty-four (24) hours away from base. Monthly Rig will be calculated by dividing the total number of hours away from base (TAFB) during the month by 6.857.
Extended Pay Credit: Extended Pay Credit applies to those days a crewmember works in excess of twenty (20) days consecutively without returning to his Base. Extended Pay Credit is accrued at the rate of one and one-half (1.5) hours per day for each day in excess of twenty (20) consecutive days away from the Crewmember’s Base.
Yes, 50% match up to 10% of annual earnings.
401K Matching: Yes
Limited opportunities to fly over guarantee on 737. Can pick up open trips when available.