- Atlas FO interviews are held approximately every 3 months. Hiring into both the 747 and the 767
- Job fairs are key to getting an interview
- Atlas will hire approximately 320 pilots in 2017
- Atlas Air has acquired Southern Air, completion of the Single Operating Certificate (SOC) delayed until January 1, 2018.
- Florida West shut down operations, as of March 1, 2017. Pilots offered interviews with Atlas Air. Classes began on 03/02.
- Pilot contract became amendable September 2016
- Atlas has filed a lawsuit against their pilots in regards to the merger and negotiation process
- Atlas Air Worldwide signed an agreement with the Seattle internet retailer, Amazon, to operate 20 Boeing 767 for the company for ten years
- Operates primarily long-term contracts with global airlines under ACMI or CMI.
- 210,444 Total Block Hours in 2016
- 39,862 Flights
- 425 Airports in 119 Countries
- 730 Charters Completed
- 80+ Unique Customers
- IATA code: 5Y; ICAO code: GTI
- Junior Captain hire date
- 747 CA 11/2014
- 767 CA 09/2015
- This page last updated: January 16, 2018 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
In Part 135
Thinking of going to work for Ameriflight. I'm currently employed by a 135 Canyon tour operator flyi ...Replies: 4230 | Views: 1082295
In Compass Airlines
The E175 makes money. When they say renegotiate contracts they are talking bout the E145 and Dash 8. ...Replies: 10758 | Views: 2007437
Application window is open
Hiring classes of 24 every 3 weeks.
2,000 hours of total time; 500 hours turbine
Training travel: You will either have a ticket purchased for you to get to and from training or be reimbursed for mileage. Mileage will reimburse at .52.5 cents a mile up to $450 each way if you drive to training.
Contract became amendable September 2016.
- Atlas has filed a lawsuit against their pilots in regards to the merger and negotiation process.
- On the labor negotiations front, and as the Union has already reported, both the Company and the Union have agreed on a protocol agreement that clears a path for direct negotiations for a single labor contract covering both Atlas and Southern crewmembers. The framework agreement is in place and will commence on July 6, 2017. We have dates set through the end of the year as we jointly work toward a successful contract.
To view the Atlas and Polar flight schedules and list for a jumpseat go to: http://jumpseat.atlasair.com
Atlas Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
During training pay is $1600.00 per month plus per diem of $2.40 and hour until leaving MIA
Plan on 4 Months at $1600 a month, due to OE being backed up
First year pay begins upon completion of OE or four months from hire date, whichever occurs first.
First year Guarantee is only 50 hours
All travel and hotels to and from your base is imputed and taxed on your weekly pay statements.
Significant taxes ($500+ per mo.) will be imputed and deducted from your pay check each month.
Monthly guarantee: 62 hours
Reserve guarantee: 62 hours
Junior Captain hire date
747 CA 08/2014
$.50 per $1 up to 10% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes