- Virgin America was purchased by Alaska Air Group on April 4, 2016 for $2.6 billion
- New service from SFO to BWI, IND, KOA, BNA, MSY, PHL, RDU beginning 3rd and 4th quarters of 2017
- New service from LAX to PHL starts September
- Effective November 1 the new JCBA payscale is effective. Virgin pat rate is now the same as Alaska.
- Reserve pilots get 13 days off/mo.
- Wi-Fi and eight first class seats on all aircraft
- All seats have power and USB outlets
- Began operations in 2007
- IATA code: VX; ICAO code: VRD
- ATC callsign: "Redwood"
- First ETOPS aircraft (of 6) will be delivered in early July, planned service SFO-HNL begins in Nov and SFO-OGG begins in Dec.
- This page last updated: Decmeber 22, 2017 (Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
The latest and greatest about delta thread is lost.......so how about some updated news on Delta and ...Replies: 9376 | Views: 3267863
In Part 135
Thinking of going to work for Ameriflight. I'm currently employed by a 135 Canyon tour operator flyi ...Replies: 4502 | Views: 1157661
Application window is Open
30-35 Pilots in pool.
Actively interviewing for planned classes in the fall
Virgin America jobs page.
2,500 TT (excludes Helo, Sim, and F/E Time)
Preferred: A320 type rating; recent flight experience of 1,000 hours total time as PIC, in turbine or jet aircraft.
Virgin America interview gouge
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
Virgin America PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 70 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
100% dh pay. No override for flying over 80 hours.
Effective November 1 the new JCBA payscale is effective. Virgin pat rate is now the same as Alaska
Deadheading pay is 50% of the block time for the flight
Most junior captain hired: January 2012 (SFO)
Year 1: 5 days
Year 2-4: 15 days
Year 5+: 20 days
7.5%, plus a non-matching company contribution of an additional 4.5% (Total of 12% max)
401K Matching: Yes
401K contribution has been changed to the Alaska rate. Other provisions are being phased in through a transition agreement, the one difference is VX is still using PBS bidding for the next year.