- New hire First Officers can earn a $44,000 signing bonus, with total year one compensation up to $86,000.
- New hire Captain Qualified First Officers can earn $25,000 signing bonus, with total year one compensation up to $90,000.
- Starting First Officer Pay: $37.45 per flight hour
- Starting Captain Pay: $65.71 per flight hour
- Captain Qualified First Officer Pay: $51.58 per flight hour when flying as a First Officer and $65.71 per flight hour when flying as a Captain
- Fast Captain upgrades, down to 12 months
- Trans States is one of the original regional airlines, with over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry.
- Mainline partners: United Airlines and American Airlines
- Trans States serves over 4.5 million passengers a year, providing service to over 70 cities in North American with 250+ daily departures.
- Trans States Holdings is the domestic launch customer for the Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ), with 50 firm orders and 50 options. Trans States Airlines will receive the Holding Company’s first 20 MRJ deliveries.
- Training: 90 days of training with in-house instructors in STL (Indoc through IOE) Base in STL
- IATA code: AX; ICAO code: LOF
- ATC call sign: "Waterski"
- Trans States Airlines pilots now have a direct pathway to Frontier Airlines.
- This new Pilot Flow Program guarantees participating Trans States pilots a First Officer position with Frontier after as little as two years of service with Trans States.
- No additional interview with Frontier is required for pilots accepted into the program.
- Trans States Airlines will begin flying additional aircraft for United starting in October 2018.
- Trans States entered into a three-year agreement with United to operate at least seven additional Embraer 145 aircrafts under the United Express regional service brand.
- Currently seeking rotor pilots. Receive $38,000 to transition to fixed wing.
- This page last updated: December 13, 2018 (Pay Notes and Hiring)
Trending from the Forum
No emails. App status just says "complete." ...Replies: 5940 | Views: 2021695
Trans States will fund up to $38,000 in fixed-wing training for rotor pilots who are short ATP mins. Currently seeking rotor pilots. Receive $38,000 to transition to fixed wing.
Trans States is currently hiring First Officers and Captain Qualified First Officers (CQFOs). CQFOs are Captain-qualified pilots who can fly as either a Captain or a First Officer, depending on the airline’s scheduling needs.
Trans States interview gouge
Trans States provides the ATP-CTP course for ATP or R-ATP eligible pilots, including travel and hotel accommodations.
Trans States offers three ways to interview:
1. Interview at corporate headquarters in Saint Louis (includes complimentary airfare)
2. Interview via Skype
3. Interview at a local recruiting event—same day air travel to a recruiting event interview will be provided if requested in advance.
If travel is not required, candidates may simply apply online via airlineapps.com, bring their logbook and a copy of their application, and then interview on the spot (advance appointments are recommended, but not required).
Visit TSA website and click on “Meet a Pilot Recruiter” to get the current list of recruiting events and locations.
CAAS approved for jump seating, Known Crew Member (KCM) badge.
Trans States Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Now offering up to $44,000 in signing and retention bonuses to new hire First Officers and $25,000 in signing and retention bonuses to new hire Captain Qualified First Officers.
Starting First Officer Pay: $37.45 per flight hour
Starting Captain Pay: $65.71 per flight hour
Captain Qualified First Officer Pay: $51.58 per flight hour when flying as a First Officer and $65.71 per flight hour when flying as a Captain
AVIATORS + Our Aviators+ program pays Certified Flight Instructors $5.00 per flight hour (up to $6,000) for each hour spent flight instructing.
Pilots who take advantage of this program can earn a total of $44,000 in new hire bonuses
Prior participation in the Aviators Program is not required.
Annual Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) of 1.5%
11 days off guaranteed for reserve
12 days off guaranteed for line holders
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Lines built to 84 hours, on average
4.25 min day credit
Training pay: 100%
Premium pay: 150% - 300% depending on company’s need
Cancellation pay: 100% leg by leg, block or better, pay protected for assigned flying.
Deadhead pay: 100%
$25 monthly uniform allowance
Reserve transparency - ability to see schedules
Reserve scheduling flexibility - 7 days prior to reserve sit, pilot may add to their schedule
Generous Commuter Policy with four paid commuter hotels per month - requires only two scheduled flights on any airline in either the jump seat or cabin seat to get to work; unlimited use of commuter policy without punitive action.
After one year, 7 days of vacation are accrued, with the number of days increasing with years of service.
$10,000 per pilot referral bonus (for successful pilot candidates)
Up to $1,200 annually in profit sharing through the PAYS Shared Rewards program.
Great health care coverage with low deducible provided by United Healthcare
Dental provided by Delta Dental Accidental life and dismemberment provided at 1.5 x annual salary, with additional coverage optional
Company paid parking in base and a parking stipend for commuters
Company paid IPad for EFB
Tuition Reimbursement through University and Flight Academy Partnerships Programs
Most Junior Captain Hired:
$.50 for $1 up to 8% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes