- AirTran's last flight was 28 Dec 14. All pilots on now on the SWA pilot list.
- SWAPA has withdrawn its membership from the Coalition of Airline Pilots Associations (CAPA)
- Houston Hobby Airport $100 million improvement to enable international flights
- Southwest's $1.4 B purchase of AirTran completed in 2011
- Combined airline will fly more than 100m passengers out of more than 100 airports, and international routes
- SWA-AirTran pilot seniority list integration complete
- Southwest routemap
- IATA code: WN; ICAO code: SWA
- ATC callsign: "Southwest"
- This page last updated: February 29, 2016 (Pilots, Pay Notes)
See job listing for more info:
EXPERIENCE: 2500 hours total flight time or 1,500 hours total flight time in a turbine aircraft. Additionally, a minimum of 1,000 hours in a Turbine aircraft as the Pilot in Command. Only time in a fixed wing aircraft is counted, this specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV,EWO and UAV. Actively flying for 2 of the last 5 years is preferred.
LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. The certificate must display the following: "Airplane Multiengine Land" Category "English Proficient" limitation. Plastic certificate (plastic not required if the certificate is a valid temporary certificate.) USA DOT/FAA First Class Medical Certificate and, if applicable, any necessary Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate (Authorization) or Statement of Demonstrated Ability (SODA) issued by the Federal Air Surgeon. Must possess a valid United States Drivers License. A valid passport allowing travel across US borders or a Refugee Travel Document. FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit. Must possess a valid unexpired passport.
ATP; 2,500 TT or 1,500 turbine total; 1,000 PIC turbine; Class 1 medical.
Southwest interview gouge.
Southwest Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
[above figures were converted from $/trip to $/hour]
Monthly guarantee: 78 hours (averaged)
Reserve guarantee: 79 hours
Future contractual pay raises: none
Most junior captain hired: May 2006 (OAK)
401K: up to 9.3%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none
Other: Profit sharing