- Spirit announced in June it will take delivery of 20 A321s between 2015-2017, which is on top of the existing A320 and A320 NEO order
- 10 A320 orders from 2017-2018 will be converted to A321s
- Spirit signed an agreement with ILFC to bring back an additional 3 used A319s
- Total estimated fleet count by 2021: 155 aircraft
- Leasing an additional 5 A320 NEOs over the original order of 45 A320 NEOs, SJD, LBE, PHL, MSP and RSW
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 178 seats; A320 FLEX galley 182 seats; A321 218 seats; A321 FLEX galley 228 seats
- 75 Airbus aircraft for delivery from 2016-2021; 30 A320s and 45 A320NEOs
- 33 A319/A320 firm orders 2012-2015 (company has option to turn these orders into A320s)
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- Roughly one-third of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS
- ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Average fleet age of aircraft is aprox 5.6 years
- This page last updated: January 11, 2017 (Pilots, Fleet)
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines, please go to www.spirit.com. At the bottom of the page there is a link that says "Team Travel & OA Travel/Jumpseat". Click on the link, select your airline, fill it out, and put in the verification code that was provided by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made 72 hours from the flight. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are open seats in the back.
All but 2 319s have 2 jumpseats, all 320s have 1 jumpseat, older grey 321s have 2 jumpseats, and new yellow 321s have 1 jumpseat.
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
Junior Assignment pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Most Junior Captain Award: July 2013 (LAS)
$1 for $1 up to 9% pilot contribution (August 2014)
401K Matching: Yes