- Envoy Air (formerly American Eagle Airlines) now offers industry leading pay, placing Envoy among the top regional airlines in pilot compensation and enabling First Officers to earn $60,000 or more during their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
Envoy Air is wholly owned by American Airlines, offering career advancement to an American Airlines cockpit, will be recruiting at several free FAPA.aero Pilot Job Fairs around the country. See locations and dates at FAPA.aero/Jobs.!-Boston on July 22, 2017-Seattle on August 25, 2017-Anchorage on September 9, 2017-Chicago on September 30, 2017-Orlando on October 28,2017-Honolulu on November 1, 2017
- All Envoy new hire pilots receive up to $22,100 signing bonus, payable on their first day of training. Envoy also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- Envoy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group, with headquarters and training facility in Irving, Tex. (DFW area)
- All Envoy pilots are guaranteed a direct career path to American Airlines, through our industry-leading flow through agreement. Envoy pilots currently make up half of every American Airlines new hire class, with nearly 65 percent of American’s new hires since 2010 coming from Envoy.
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Envoy Captain in about one year and flow through to American in just over 6 years.
- With more than 14,000 employees, Envoy operates more than 150 aircrafts on about 800 flights per day to 150 destinations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Envoy operates an all-jet fleet comprised of Embraer 175, 145 and 140 aircraft, as well as Bombardier CRJ-700.
- Currently receiving two 76-seat Embraer 175 aircraft each month through the end of 2017 as part of a fleet commitment from American Airlines of 44 firm orders, with up to 86 additional E175 options.
- ATP-CTP Course Paid for candidates needing to complete the exam prior to training.
- Rotor Transition Program (RTP) available for military rotor-wing pilots transitioning to a career in commercial aviation. Pilots train at Coast Flight Training in San Diego, Calif. or San Marcos, Tex. and are eligible to receive financial assistance from Envoy and Coast Flight Training.
- Envoy also offers employees a $5,000 referral bonus for every new hire pilot who is referred and passes training.
- Envoy maintains crew bases at the hubs they share with American Airlines in Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), New York (LGA), and Miami (MIA). Envoy also offers one of the most generous commuting policies in the industry. Commuting pilots receive four company-paid hotels per month at the beginning or end of their trip and schedule flexibility up to six times in a rolling 12-month period, if they experience difficulty with their commute.
- All Envoy employees are eligible for American Airlines Group Profit Sharing Plan, as well as monthly performance bonuses of up to $100, based on meeting key operational targets.
- Envoy provides complimentary Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check access to all crewmembers.
- ATA code: MQ; ICAO code: ENY; ATC callsign “Envoy”
- MIA domicile opening in September 2017
Envoy Air is a Platinum Partner at the FAPA Future Pilot Forum in Boston, . FAPA offers these FREE career seminars for career changers, separating military personnel and students of all ages interested in learning more about pathways to professional pilot careers once per month around the country. For details visit FAPA.aero/FuturePilot.
- This page last updated: Aug 4, 2017 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
...Replies: 6580 | Views: 2378428
Do they ever waive the 1000 ME time for PIC? My son would have a strong internal rec but just start ...Replies: 2548 | Views: 1773424
No training contract required. Planning to hire at least 650 pilots for 2017.
Up to a $22,100 signing bonus available to all new-hires who sign a two year agreement
Envoy provides the ATP-CTP course for pilot candidates to take the ATP written knowledge exam (including travel and hotel accommodations).
First Officer Minimum Qualifications:
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with multiengine and instrument ratings
- Within one year of achieving ATP or R-ATP flight experience minimums
Flow-through to American Airlines:
All Envoy pilots are eligible for seniority based, no-interview flow through to American Airlines. The following table outlines the different groups of pilots at Envoy and their corresponding rate of flow to American Airlines, based on their date of hire:
List at ticket counter or gate. May also list: 888-933-5922 (option 3). CASS participant.
Envoy Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
New First Officer Compensation Package:
New hire First Officers will start at the Year 3 hourly pay rate ($37.90/hr) in addition to receiving a sign on bonus of up to $22,100, earning $60,000 or more during their first year.
After one year of service, First Officers will move to the Year 4 hourly pay rate and receive a $20,000 retention bonus, paid in installments of $2,500 per quarter over a two-year period.
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Pay rates increase by 1% each year beginning DOS+36 months (January 2018)
All new hires will be capped at FO year 4 pay and Captain year 12 pay.
Envoy uses seniority-based pay banding for captains regardless of actual aircraft flown (i.e. E175 pay band, CRJ pay band, EMB pay band). The size of the pay band is determined by the staffing required for the number of aircraft within the band.
Most junior captain DOH:
DFW: Dec 2015 (E175), April 2017 (E145), April 2017 (EMJ)
ORD: Jan2011 (CRJ), Nov 2016 (E145)
LGA: April 2017 (E145), April 2017 (EMJ), April 2016 (E75)
MIA: Feb 2014 (E145)
Envoy projects that new hires will upgrade after 2.5 years and flow to American Airlines in about 6 years from their date of hire.
$1.85/hour (increases by $0.05 in 2018, 2021, 2024)
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service