- Horizon is a CPA carrier for "Alaska"
- All aircraft currently are operated under a CPA agreement with Alaska and have Alaska livery
- 32% of Alaska Airlines pilot hires in 2016 from Horizon Air
- For all Horizon Air pilots, there is a guaranteed interview program and permanent application window in place with Alaska Airlines
- Horizon Air will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Horizon recruiters!
- SEA announced as first E175 base
- Switching from SAP bidding to PBS (NAVBlue) bidding May 1st, 2017
- No expected changes to Q400 bases through 2017
- Up to 8 E175s online by end of Summer 2017 with 13 by end of year
- Horizon Air has 33 firm E-175 orders with options for 30 more with service beginning 2nd quarter of 2017
- 13 ERJ 175 deliveries planned for 2017. First 3 should arrive by March, first revenue flight planned for May 2017.
- Total fleet size will be 65 aircraft by end of 2017
- Horizon Air's entire fleet of Bombardier Q400s are HGS equipped for full CAT III operations. We also are certified for RNP .01 operations using dual Universal UNS-1EW FMS's. Horizon Air is the only regional airline in the world to use these two technologies.
- Union to build trips and lines
- IATO code: QX; ICAO code: QXE
- ATC callsign: "Horizon Air"
- Upgrade times now down to 2.5 to 3 years
- This page last update: April 4, 2017 (Quicktake, Hiring)
Trending from the Forum
Trouble with the other thread, rant on.... Heard 787 rumour........ ...Replies: 7084 | Views: 1455897
Horizon Air will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Horizon recruiters!
Hiring 200 pilots in 2017
Application window is open
Current classes for new captains are at 2.5 years of company seniority
We currently have 2 classes per month
For hiring info, please contact: Deja Hubbard (503)384-4531
Horizon Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
New $10,000 pre-employment bonus paid before training begins (http://horizonair.jobs/pilots/)
Performance Based Pay (PBP) and Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) programs
With the new 4-week bid, minimum guarantee is 70 hours for lineholders and 75 for reserve
12 bids a year
Most junior captain hired: Nov 2014
401K: $1 for $1 up to 6%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none