- Horizon is a CPA carrier for "Alaska"
- All aircraft currently are operated under a CPA agreement with Alaska and have Alaska livery
- 32% of Alaska Airlines pilot hires in 2016 from Horizon Air
- For all Horizon Air pilots, there is a guaranteed interview program and permanent application window in place with Alaska Airlines
- Horizon will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Houston, TX on Saturday, March 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Horizon recruiters!
- SEA announced as first E175 base
- Switching from SAP bidding to PBS (NAVBlue) bidding May 1st, 2017
- No expected changes to Q400 bases through 2017
- Up to 8 E175s online by end of Summer 2017 with 13 by end of year
- Horizon Air has 33 firm E-175 orders with options for 30 more with service beginning 2nd quarter of 2017
- 13 ERJ 175 deliveries planned for 2017. First 3 should arrive by March, first revenue flight planned for May 2017.
- Total fleet size will be 65 aircraft by end of 2017
- Horizon Air's entire fleet of Bombardier Q400s are HGS equipped for full CAT III operations. We also are certified for RNP .01 operations using dual Universal UNS-1EW FMS's. Horizon Air is the only regional airline in the world to use these two technologies.
- Union to build trips and lines
- IATO code: QX; ICAO code: QXE
- ATC callsign: "Horizon Air"
- Upgrade times now down to 2.5 to 3 years
- This page last update: March 1, 2017 (Hiring)
Trending from the Forum
In Hiring News
I interviewed on 3/24/11 and I got the FEDEX pool letter yesterday too. there were 11 candidates. I ...Replies: 15794 | Views: 4747890
Horizon will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Houston, TX on Saturday, March 25, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to Horizon recruiters!Hiring 200 pilots in 2017.
Application window is open.
Current classes for new captains are at 2.5 years of company seniority
We currently have 2 classes per month
For hiring info, please contact: Deja Hubbard (503)384-4531
Horizon Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
New $10,000 pre-employment bonus paid before training begins (http://horizonair.jobs/pilots/)
Performance Based Pay (PBP) and Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) programs
With the new 4-week bid, minimum guarantee is 70 hours for lineholders and 75 for reserve
12 bids a year
Most junior captain hired: July 2014
401K: $1 for $1 up to 6%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none