- PSA leads the industry in pay. First Officers earn up to $60,000 their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
- All PSA pilots receive up to $21,560 signing bonus
- PSA will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to PSA recruiters!
- PSA also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- PSA’s Cadet Program partnership with dozens of universities and flights schools has increased more than 500% as well as over 200% increase in students in the program since July, 2016.
- All PSA pilots are guaranteed a direct career path to American Airlines, through our industry-leading flow through agreement. No interview just a job at American Airlines.
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Captain within 24 months and flow through to American in 6-7 years.
- PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900.
- Headquartered in Dayton, OH, PSA has flight crew bases in Cincinnati, Knoxville, and Charlotte.
- PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton, Canton, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Knoxville.
- Opened DCA as new crew base
- American Airlines Group has transferred 11 of 47 CRJ700 aircraft (operated by Envoy Airlines) to PSA. Transfer to be completed by late 2017, bringing fleet total to 150 CRJ aircraft.
- Accepted our 54th CRJ 900 direct from the factory, bringing the total brand new CRJ-900’s to 54
- Currently 5 pilots a month flowing to American, increasing to 8 per month in the next 12-18 months
- Schedule Adjustment Period for line holders. Allows pilots to drop to 65hrs and rebuild their schedule as needed.
- Commuter Policy reimburses up to $250 a month for hotels touching beginning or ending of trip.
- PSA pilots fly the CRJ-200, 700, and 900 under a blended rate adjusted quarterly as ratio changes
- IATA code: US; ICAO code: JIA
- ATC callsign: "Blue Streak"
- This page last updated: May 22, 2017 (Pilots, Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
...Replies: 6580 | Views: 2378428
im not sure which one from my two leg commute this morning was more tooly, the captain who at 7am on ...Replies: 9636 | Views: 4205501
Hiring 40-50 per month. Classes of 20-25 every two weeks.
We are hiring 1000 first officers in the next 24 months.
Accepting applications, apply online.
PSA will be recruiting at the FAPA.aero Global Pilot Job Fair in Las Vegas, NV on April 21, 2017. This is a great opportunity to speak to PSA recruiters!
1,300TT, 250PIC and ATP written
ATP, 1,500TT, 500ME and ATP
PSA interview gouge.
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
PSA Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Increased First Officer Pay: Starting pay for new-hire First Officers is $38.50 per hour. In their second year, pay increases to $40.28 per hour.
Increased Sign-on Bonus for CRJ Experience: PSA offers $16,560 sign-on bonus with an additional $5,000 for new-hire pilots with a CRJ type-rating.
First Officer Retention Bonus: First Officers will be eligible to receive a $20,000 retention bonus once they mark their one-year anniversary with the company. The bonus is paid in $2,500 quarterly installments beginning on the first quarter following their anniversary date and continuing over two years or until upgrade to Captain.
Captain Retention Bonus: All Captains on property at the time of signing the Letter of Agreement will receive a $7,500 retention bonus to be paid out in three $2,500 installments. The payments will be made on Jan. 1, 2017, June 1, 2017, and Dec. 1, 2017. If a Captain flows to American before receiving all of the retention bonus, the unpaid portion will be paid when he or she joins American.
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most Jr captain was hired Sept 2015.
Most Jr captain off IOE was hired Aug 2015.
Commuter hotels - $250 per month/$3000 per year credit for hotels in base
Company paid single-occupancy hotel rooms and 24/7 per diem provided during initial training - No training contract - Paid the greater of scheduled or actual block - All pilots provided parking passes for their base (DAY, CLT, TYS).
No minimum day pay for reserve pilots
Minimum day only applies on day 1 with a report before 1200L and on the last day with checkout after 1700L
Flying on a scheduled day off pays 125%, Junior man pays 175%
Years. Company Contribute. Company Match
6mos-5yrs: 1.5% of compensation 50% of 2%
5-7: 2% of compensation 50% of 4%
7-10: 2.5% of compensation. 50% of 8%
10+: 3.5 % of compensation 75% of 8%
401K Matching: Yes