- Kalitta Air will be phasing out the 767 fleet over the first half of 2022. DHL owned aircraft will be returned to the owner, Kalitta owned aircraft will be dry leased in the future.
- Company announced the downsizing and eventual parking of the 767 fleet, resulting in displacements to the 747/777 fleets in preparation for the seven 777-300ERSF conversions beginning deliveries in Q1 2023 First three DHL-owned aircraft will be returned in Feb, May and Jun. remaining six wholly-owned Kalitta aircraft will slowly be phased out and leased to other carriers by the end of 2022
- Kalitta Air LLC pilots are representated by the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA).
- Kalitta Air pilots have ratified a new contract to be implemented from March 2021 - March 2025.
- New contract calls for a 10% pay increase over 3 years. (2021-2024). Retirement will now be a direct company 401k contribution at 6% for the first 2 years; raised to 7% thereafter.
- 777 and 767 fleet are both ETOPS certified.
- All pilots issued EFBs with JeppFD Pro and company manuals
- Ongoing business with: DHL, Xiamen Taidek, JAL Cargo, USPS, Pacific Air Cargo, MPL USA, U.S.TRANSCOM, CNET, UPS.
- Department of Defense Hiring
- Pilots are home based, with the exception of recurrent training where travel to YIP is pilot's responsibility
- Major Destinations: CVG, JFK, EWR, LAX, SFO, MIA, BOS, GSO, SEA, PDX, YVR, YHM, HNL, ANC, ICN, HKG, DEL, LEJ, BAH, BRU, AMS, SCL, VCP, LIM, BOG, SYD, SIN, WRI, DOV, SUU, HIK, RMS, EDF, OSN, DNA, and UAM.
- Kalitta Air began operations in 2000 with three 747s
- 767 glass panel cockpit conversions to be completed by Fall 2021.
- Kalitta Air to be the launch airline for the 777-300ERSF in 2023.
- Pilot count includes management pilots
- IATA code: K4; ICAO code: CKS
- ATC callsign: "Connie"
- This page was last updated: June 8, 2022 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
I interviewed on 3/24/11 and I got the FEDEX pool letter yesterday too. there were 11 candidates. I ...Replies: 20177 | Views: 8164608
There won't be much of that... but the work rules are going down the path that kind of smells like a ...Replies: 2940 | Views: 1430933
Kalitta Air jobs page.
2500 Total Time 1000+ if Military.
(Turbine and Turbine PIC flexible) 1500 Turbine Time 500 Turbine PIC ATP, Class I Medical.
NO international travel restrictions.
Boeing aircraft and glass cockpit time
New hire training is $600/week. Regular hourly flight pay begins on the first day of IOE.
Company will consider military/ex military pilots with less than 5000 hours.
CASS participant For information on jumpseating aboard Kaliita Air, go to:
Jumpseat request cutoff times: Domestic flights: 1 hour prior to departure International flights: 12 hours prior to departure
Jumpseat desk: (734) 335-8082 (direct) or (734) 544-7010, Ext. 7240 or option 2:3
Kalitta Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 64 hours
Reserve guarantee: 64 hours
Most junior captain hired:
747-400: October 2017
777-200: December 2017
767-300: December 2017
Non-elective company provided direct contribution of 6% of compensation per paycheck (2021-2022) to a crewmembers 401k, subject to annual IRS limits. Will be raised to 7% after 2022.
401K Matching: No