- Total confirmed aircraft orders: 91 to be delivered by 2019
- Aircraft orders (to be delivered by 2015): 2 A350; 15 A330-300; 10 B777-300ER
- Contract recently ratified; pay raise varies from 3% up to 14.7% depending on rank and hours flown
- The maximum increase is 14.7 total including retirement and using flying pay on an 84 hour month
- Basic salary, as well as hourly flight pay were increased (seeking payscale -ed)
- Cathay Pacific says A350 "will form the backbone of Cathay Pacific's future midsize widebody fleet"
- 10 747-8 freighters on order; first two to be delivered in Jan 2011
- Offering unpaid leave to flight crew and most other departments, introduced Euro salary scale for Europe-based pilots
- Maximum retirement age is 65 for all new-hire line pilots
- Cathay has pilots based in USA, Canada, UK, Germany, and Australia
- Each of these country has its own payscale for both passenger and freighter fleets
- Check and trainer pilots receive 10% extra on top of salary
- 11 747-400ERFs on order; options for 6 more
- 3 A330s on firm order
- Pilots may take 15.5% retirement contribution as taxable cash salary
- Cathay covers 70% of international school fees for children, or 90% if they go to English Foundation School (a local and cheaper version of international school)
- Housing allowance for HKG-based pilots only
- This allowance may go to property purchased or rented in Hong Kong
- 2 types of allowances: (a) the cash housing allowance which is $14,000, $18,000 or 24,000 HKD (dependent on position and years of service, or the mortgage allowance, which is variable/fixed, currently at $5,800/mo.
- 15% tax rate in Hong Kong
- This page last updated: October 6, 2016 (Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
I still think you need a BNA base, 830. :) ...Replies: 2525 | Views: 1059465
Hey guys. Have an interview with silver scdugled and was hoping to get a few questions answered. Sur ...Replies: 6827 | Views: 3362984
Cathay Pacific pilot job page
Cathay interview gouge
Hiring second officers
Mins: commercial multi-engine for Advanced Entry candidates, Airline Transport Pilot for Transition candidates AE (Advanced Entry) candidates spend six months in Adelaide, Australia converting to Hong Kong CPL
TT (turbine transition) candidates spend 5 weeks converting their ATP to HK CPL
Cathay Pacific PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
*disregard hourly pay calculator above*
Above pay is basic pay only. In addition to the basic salary, hourly flight pay as well.
A 2 man crew (short haul), credit hours is 1.14 of sector time.
A 3 man crew (medium haul), credit hours is 1.07 of sector time.
A 4 man crew (long haul), credit hours is sector time.
The New Hong Kong Pilot Allowance:
Second Officer & Junior First Officer: HKD 10,000 per month
First Officer (F/O year 1 - 4): HKD 14,000 per month
Senior First Officer (F/O year 5 - 10): HKD 18,000 per month
Captain 1 to Senior Captain 2 (Captain year 1 - 4): HKD 24,000 per month
Senior Captain 3 to 6 (Captain year 5 - 8): HKD30,000 per month
Senior Captain 7 and up (Captain year 9 or above): HKD36,000 per month
Overtime pay starts at credit hours in excess of 84. Basic salary is "doubled" at 114 credit hours.
New captains enter payscale at Year 1, not year of longevity.
Above rates assume 1 USD = 7.8 HKD
Passenger scale covers all Hong Kong-based pilots (expat and cadet)
[747 = 747-400F, 747-200F]
US contract Max Capt $24,432/mo
Max FO $14,312/mo
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none/15.5%
Other: Profit sharing