- Daily 777 service DFW-Dubai, SEA-Dubai
- Aircraft on order: A380: 142; B777-300ER: 63; B777F: 5
- Emirates pays all utilities to a cap 32,000 Dhs/year per villa, but does not provide monthly utility billings to pilots
- US destinations: SEA, SFO, LAX, DFW, IAH, JFK, MIA, FLL and IAD
- US destinations to add BOS, ORD, and MCO
- Salary is tax free up to $100,800 for US citizens (2016)
- Flying on day off pays $176 for the callout
- Pay is increased by a minimum of 3% every May 1st, depending on company's profit
- Salary is tax free up to $95,100 for U.S. citizens (2012)
- Provident fund: 12% of basic salary thru year 10; after year 10, 15%
- Housing: if married, pilot receives a villa; married, no kids: 3 bedroom condo; single: 2 bedroom condo or you can opt out of all housing and get approx $3,000 USD/month
- This page last updated: November 22, 2017
Trending from the Forum
A 6 yr upgrade? We're currently @ 15+. Things are going to turn around that quickly? I sure hope ...Replies: 10868 | Views: 4208631
In Hangar Talk
im not sure which one from my two leg commute this morning was more tooly, the captain who at 7am on ...Replies: 12337 | Views: 6121218
Only hiring Captains on Boeing 777 aircraft and First Officers on Boeing 777 and Airbus A380
Emirates jobs page
First officers: 2000-3000 hours
Captains: 7000 hours
Our recruitment team is currently planning an extensive roadshow schedule for 2017. For information on upcoming Pilot Roadshows and Events please click below.
Three year training bond, $36,000.
Starting FO basic pay is AED 25,420 (approx. $6,900/mo.), plus flight pay.
New joiners eligible for a villa, will no longer get a villa, but a townhouse. Existing pilots living in villas are being evicted and moved to townhouses.
Maximum rostered is 5 but you can swap for two more. Absolute limit is 7 days off in a row. Maximum is 15 in calendar month. Housing Allowance: Cpts: $4,375/month FO's: $3,900/month Flight
Average monthly flying hours are 90 hours, no minimum days off, peak times for EK ops 12 midnight to 0400. A lot of back side of the clock flying.
Maximum one day off before leave and two days off after leave
The legal duty period for 3 pilots is 15 hours
EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $42,000 USD
(Click and drag the sliders)
[Figures converted from UAE currency at $1 USD = 3.68 AED]
**Corrections to payscale**: 1st yr FO: $6,890; 1st yr Cpt: $9,914.
Above salary does not include flight time pay (FO: $12.22/flight hr; capt: $16.26/flight hr).
Captain: Monthly Salary Dhs 42,015 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).
First Officer: Monthly Salary Dhs 29,700 (Basic Salary plus Hourly Flying Pay based on 85 block hours per month).
Most junior captain hired: March 2011 (330 and 380)
Overtime paid for more than 88 hours in a 31 day month. Proportionally for months with fewer days.
Provident Fund pays cash benefit at end of service.
Pilot must contribute 5% of base pay (vested 100% immediately).
Emirates contributes an amount equal to 12% of base pay (50% vested after 5 years; 100% vested after 7 years).
Company contribution increases to 15% after 10 years.
With a limit on consecutive days off in a month (5), a "no commuting" policy is in place. All pilots must live in Dubai.
Per Diem is based on 3 meals local currency, in the hotel after discount
401K Matching: Yes
After 5 years, a pilot can receive 75% of company contributions to the Provident Fund (not 50% as previously written). At the 7 year point, the pilot will receive 100% of all contributions from the company.