- Hawaiian Airlines is the largest operator of commercial flights to and from the U.S. state of Hawaii. It is the tenth-largest commercial airline in the United States, and is based at Honolulu, Hawaii. The airline operates its main hub at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport on the island of Oʻahu and a secondary hub out of Kahului Airport on the island of Maui.
- First year pay has been increased to $81/hr
- We’re offering a $10,000 signing bonus for pilot new hires effective 4/1/22
- The pilots of Hawaiian Airlines are represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int'l (ALPA), The agreement becomes amendable July 1, 2022.
- Ten Boeing 787-9 on order have been delayed. First two are expected to be delivered in the first half of 2023. Remaining eight expected 2024-2026. Will not enter service until 2022 or 2023.
- IATA code: HA; ICAO code: HAL
- ATC callsign: "Hawaiian"
- This page last updated: April 11, 2022 (Quicktake, Hiring)
Trending from the Forum
You guys are rich. Conformity to you is a dirty word. Your individualism stops the moment you sign ...Replies: 5019 | Views: 1699269
United pays 3 hours per day for every day (including days off) during new hire training. ...Replies: 4096 | Views: 1933438
- FAA ATP certified, Airplane Multiengine Land with English proficient endorsement required
- Minimum 1,500 total flight hours
- Minimum 1,000 fixed wing hours
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Valid First Class Medical Certificate
- Valid FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- Valid Passport
- Must be eligible to work in the United States; this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship, such as an H-1B visa, by Hawaiian Airlines
- Must be able to obtain a Flight Crew Visa to all of Hawaiian Airlines’ destinations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgement in decision making
- Able to work effectively within diverse teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Must support Hawaiian Airlines’ mission: “To grow a profitable airline with a passion for excellence, our customers, our people, and the spirit of Hawaii,” with commitment, the aloha spirit, and Hawaiian hospitality
- Must support Hawaiian Airlines’ vision: “To be the #1 destination carrier in the world”
- 1000 hours turbine as PIC (as defined by FAR Part 1)
- Turbojet/turbo prop experience in complex flying environments
- College degree
How to Apply:
- If you are interested in joining Hawaiian Airlines as a First Officer, you will need to:
- Create a profile (if you have not applied with us before) https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/careers
- Complete the online application. Requisition #22-0587
- Upload your current resume to your application profile. After completing the application, click "Edit Profile" on the job posting to add additional documents as needed.
- Optional: You may submit up to 4 letters of recommendation by uploading them to your application profile. Click "Edit Profile" on the job posting to add additional documents.
Recommended Listing Cutoff
Domestic: 30 minutes prior
International: 90 minutes prior
The preferred method of listing is via ID90Travel. Listing at the ticket counter or a service desk is also available. Listing at the gate is not available as the gate agent is unable to verify CASS status.
Domestic Check-In: Proceed to the front ticket counter or airport service desk for CASS verification and be at the gate at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Captain must verify credentials and sign HAL Form 110.
International Check-In: Proceed to the front ticket counter to pay any fees. Captain must verify credentials and sign HAL Form 110 before proceeding through customs. (Note: Flight Deck Jumpseat is not available on international flights. Jumpseaters must sit in the passenger cabin.)
Dress code: uniform or business casual; well-groomed facial hair allowed.
Hawaiian Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Pay scale effective April 1, 2022
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
International Override Pay:
Most junior captain hired:
B717: February 2018
A321: March 2016
A330: April 2012
New hires all receive a 15% contribution for 401K no match required.
401K Matching: No
B fund. A fund is frozen.
Medical retirement plan has been discontinued.