- Total estimated fleet count by 2021: 177 Aircrafts
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 182 seats; A320 FLEX galley 182 seats; A321 FLEX galley 228 seats
- 75 Airbus aircraft for delivery from 2016-2021; 30 A320s and 45 A320NEOs
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS
- ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Average fleet age of aircraft is aprox 5.6 years
- Date of signing was March 1st, 2018. New pay scales are effective March 2nd. Annual pay raises begin on each March 1st for the listed pay raises. Average pay raise was 43% per pilot.
- 11% direct contribution Date of Signing, increases 1% on DOS to max at 15%
- LTD is own occupation. $5k a month paid by company, buy up to $15k total monthly payment, based on prior years W2, 60% of earnings.
- GoJet announced 8/1/17 that captains who have complete 1 year in the left sear can transition to Spirit without an interview after successfully completing the Spirit employment assesment.
- 75% of the trips must have enough reserve coverage (IOT) aka “green”.
- If days are green, trip could be dropped
- There’s no limit on number of trips or block hours that could be dropped.(lineholders)
- Lineholders are allowed to pick up trips from any base.
- Company cannot schedule a block of less than 4 days off, except on month to month transitions.
- 13 days off/month minimum. (12/13 for reserves)
- NavBlue PBS bidding expected by Spring ‘19
- Trip rig 3.5 : 1, duty rig 2:1 (after PBS implementation)
- Long call reserve : 14-hour callout, Short call reserve : 3 hrs before departure
- No airport reserve.
- Reserve lines are consturcted with the same reserve periods for the month
- The periods cannot be shifted on the first or last day. If no assignment on last RAP before days off, 6 hr early release
- 2 lists (X/Y) to volunteer on days off. Both pay 200% trip credit
- Roughly one-half of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- This page last updated: February 28, 2019 (Pay Scales)
Trending from the Forum
Only the FAA can revoke your type rating. Not true depending on how the training program is struc ...Replies: 2519 | Views: 945886
Alaska will always keep OO in their back pocket to whipsaw Horizon. Not saying that with malice, jus ...Replies: 10880 | Views: 2693195
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines, please go to www.spirit.com. At the bottom of the page there is a link that says "Team Travel & OA Travel/Jumpseat". Click on the link, select your airline, fill it out, and put in the verification code that was provided by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made 72 hours from the flight. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are open seats in the back.
All but 2 319s have 2 jumpseats, all 320s have 1 jumpseat, and new yellow 321s have 1 jumpseat.
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year CA DOS +4 is $260/hr
12 year FO DOS +4 is $172/hr
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
Junior Assignment pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Pay rates for A319/A320/A321. Rates do not include 2% A321 override which is received on a monthly percentage basis of A321 block hours to total block hours flown and is paid to all pilots regardless of which aircraft you fly.
Most junior CA hired: January, 2016 (ACY)
401k Matching: No
12% direct contribution; 1% increase per year to 15%.
401K Matching: Yes