- Spirit signed an agreement with ILFC to bring back an additional 3 used A319s
- Total estimated fleet count by 2021: 160 aircraft
- Leasing an additional 5 A320 NEOs over the original order of 45 A320 NEOs, SJD, LBE, PHL, MSP and RSW
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 178 seats; A320 FLEX galley 182 seats; A321 FLEX galley 228 seats
- A320 has been fitted to seat 182 pax
- Spirit no longer operates the A321 with 218 passenger configuration. N587NK and N588NK were the two fitted with this cabin and have been returned to the lessor.
- 75 Airbus aircraft for delivery from 2016-2021; 30 A320s and 45 A320NEOs
- 33 A319/A320 firm orders 2012-2015 (company has option to turn these orders into A320s)
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- Roughly one-third of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS
- ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Average fleet age of aircraft is aprox 5.6 years
- Date of signing was March 1st, 2018. New pay scales are effective March 2nd. Annual pay raises begin on each March 1st for the listed pay raises. Average pay raise was 43% per pilot.
- 11% direct contribution Date of Signing, increases 1% on DOS to max at 15%
- LTD is own occupation. $5k a month paid by company, buy up to $15k total monthly payment, based on prior years W2, 60% of earnings.
- GoJet announced 8/1/17 that captains who have complete 1 year in the left sear can transition to Spirit without an interview after successfully completing the Spirit employment assesment.
- This page last updated: July 17, 2018 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
Is it possible as a new hire to be 4 on and 3 off during reserve? ...Replies: 10513 | Views: 2602409
im not sure which one from my two leg commute this morning was more tooly, the captain who at 7am on ...Replies: 10497 | Views: 4945687
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines, please go to www.spirit.com. At the bottom of the page there is a link that says "Team Travel & OA Travel/Jumpseat". Click on the link, select your airline, fill it out, and put in the verification code that was provided by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made 72 hours from the flight. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are open seats in the back.
All but 2 319s have 2 jumpseats, all 320s have 1 jumpseat, and new yellow 321s have 1 jumpseat.
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year CA DOS +4 is $260/hr
12 year FO DOS +4 is $172/hr
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
Junior Assignment pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Pay rates for A319/A320/A321. Rates do not include 2% A321 override which is received on a monthly percentage basis of A321 block hours to total block hours flown and is paid to all pilots regardless of which aircraft you fly.
Most junior CA hired: September, 2015 (DTW)
401k Matching: No
11% direct contribution ; 1% increase per year to 15%.
401K Matching: Yes