- On July 27, 2022, Spirit and Frontier mutually terminated their planned merger. On July 28, 2022, Spirit and jetBlue Airways entered into a definitive merger agreement, valued at $3.8B, in which the two airlines will merge, with the jetBlue brand and product surviving. If the deal is approved, Spirit's ULCC model will be abandoned and all Spirit planes will be repainted and refitted with jetBlue interiors.
- Total estimated combined fleet count by 2026: 493 aircraft
- Total estimated Spirit fleet count by 2027: 293 aircraft
- ATL and MIA bases announced effective June 2022. MIA will be a co-base with FLL
- New headquarters and advanced training center construction began in Dania Beach, a suburb of Fort Lauderdale
- Spirit Airlines announced in October 2019 it will place a firm order for 100 A320neo-family jets
- It plans to take a mix of A319neos, A320neos, and A321neos, with deliveries between 2022 and 2027.
- The airline will also have options for another 50 aircraft.
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 FLEX Galley 182 seats; A321 FLEX Galley 228 seats, WiFi installation nearly complete on fleet
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- Average fleet age of aircraft is approximately 7 years
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS * ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Latest Contract DOS was March 1st, 2018. Annual pay raises begin on each March 1st for listed pay raises. Average pay raise was 43% per pilot.
- Company cannot schedule a block of less than 4 days off unless waived by pilot
- NavBlue PBS Bidding
- Line holders may drop to zero subject to monthly red/green grid. Grid must start out the month with 75% green days
- Roughly one-half of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- This page last updated: August 31, 2022 (Pay Notes, Pilots)
Trending from the Forum
In Kalitta Companies
They hired about 50 from one regional the last two days. ...Replies: 4240 | Views: 1679361
Training is typically M-F. Probably get out early on Friday. Pay is first year, I believe it was 3 h ...Replies: 2179 | Views: 1262378
Official posting and information can be found here: https://careers.spirit.com/careers-home/jobs/4875?lang=en-us
1,500 hours total time.
Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot License with multi-engine land.
Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit.
Valid passport/documents with at least six (6) months of validity that grants you the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future.
Legal right to work in the United States.
2,500 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
750 hours in multi-engine, turboprop or jet aircraft.
A320 Type Rating.
Undergraduate degree from an Accredited Four-Year College or University.
Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft.
Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS.
Instructor/Check Airman experience.
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines go to teamtravel.spirit.com. Click on the “Other Airline” tab and fill out the required information including the verification code provided to you by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made within 72 hours of departure time. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are available cabin seats/jumpseats.
A319: 2 jumpseats
A320: 1 jumpseat
A321: 1 jumpseat *Two A319s have only 1 jumpseat
Select A320 NEOs have 2 jumpseats
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year CA DOS +4 is $260/hr
12 year FO DOS +4 is $172/hr
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
All premium flying (X/Y list, JA) pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Pay rates for A319/A320/A321. Rates do not include 2% A321 override which is received on a monthly percentage basis of A321 block hours to total block hours flown and is paid to all pilots regardless of which aircraft you fly.
Most Junior CA Hired: August 2019 (ORD)
15% defined contribution; Pilot may contribute additional to either Traditional or Roth side of 401K Funds in 401K may may be moved to a PCRA Account to invest in individual stocks or investments.
401K Matching: Yes