- Total estimated fleet count by 2027: 293 aircraft
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 182 seats; A320 FLEX galley 182 seats; A321 FLEX galley 228 seats
- 75 Airbus aircraft for delivery from 2016-2021; 30 A320s and 45 A320NEOs
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS
- ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Average fleet age of aircraft is aprox 5.6 years
- Date of signing was March 1st, 2018. New pay scales are effective March 2nd. Annual pay raises begin on each March 1st for the listed pay raises. Average pay raise was 43% per pilot.
- GoJet announced 8/1/17 that captains who have complete 1 year in the left sear can transition to Spirit without an interview after successfully completing the Spirit employment assesment.
- Company cannot schedule a block of less than 4 days off unless waived by pilot
- NavBlue PBS bidding effective June 2019
- Line holders may drop to zero subject to monthly red/green grid. Grid must start out the month with 75% green days
- Roughly one-half of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- Spirit Airlines announced in October 2019 it will place a firm order for 100 A320neo-family jets
- It plans to take a mix of A319neos, A320neos, and A321neos, with deliveries between 2022 and 2027. The airline will also have options for another 50 aircraft.
- This page last updated: September 7, 2021 (Pilots, Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
There won't be much of that... but the work rules are going down the path that kind of smells like a ...Replies: 2579 | Views: 1045034
Only the FAA can revoke your type rating. Not true depending on how the training program is struc ...Replies: 3190 | Views: 1355678
Minimums: 3,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
- 1,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft.
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Current Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot License.
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit.
- Valid passport/documents with the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Spirit Airlines now and in the future. Legal right to work in the United States.
Preferred: 4,000 hours total time in fixed wing aircraft.
- 1,500 hours in multi-engine, turboprop or jet aircraft.
- A320 Type Rating.
- Undergraduate degree from an Accredited Four Year College or University.
- Experience in 121 airlines or turbojet aircraft.
- Experience in aircraft equipped with EFIS and/or FMS.
- Instructor/Check Airman experience.
Spirit interview gouge.
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines go to teamtravel.spirit.com. Click on the “Other Airline” tab and fill out the required information including the verification code provided to you by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made within 72 hours of departure time. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are available cabin seats/jumpseats.
A319: 2 jumpseats
A320: 1 jumpseat
A321: 1 jumpseat *Two A319s have only 1 jumpseat
Select A320 NEOs have 2 jumpseats
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year CA DOS +4 is $260/hr
12 year FO DOS +4 is $172/hr
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
All premium flying (X/Y list, JA) pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Pay rates for A319/A320/A321. Rates do not include 2% A321 override which is received on a monthly percentage basis of A321 block hours to total block hours flown and is paid to all pilots regardless of which aircraft you fly.
Most Junior CA Hired: January 2018 (DTW)
14% defined contribution; 1% increase per year to 15%
401K Matching: Yes