- Total estimated fleet count by 2027: 293 aircraft
- Aircraft configurations: A319 145 seats; A320 182 seats; A320 FLEX galley 182 seats; A321 FLEX galley 228 seats
- 75 Airbus aircraft for delivery from 2016-2021; 30 A320s and 45 A320NEOs
- Spirit is the #2 most fuel efficient airline in the United States according to The International Council on Clean Transportation
- Spirit has the lowest CASM for A320 aircraft in the USA
- IATA code: NK; ICAO code: NKS
- ATC callsign: "Spirit Wings"
- Average fleet age of aircraft is aprox 5.6 years
- Date of signing was March 1st, 2018. New pay scales are effective March 2nd. Annual pay raises begin on each March 1st for the listed pay raises. Average pay raise was 43% per pilot.
- LTD is own occupation. $5k a month paid by company, buy up to $15k total monthly payment, based on prior years W2, 60% of earnings.
- GoJet announced 8/1/17 that captains who have complete 1 year in the left sear can transition to Spirit without an interview after successfully completing the Spirit employment assesment.
- Lineholders are allowed to pick up trips from any base.
- Company cannot schedule a block of less than 4 days off unless waived by pilot
- 13 days off/month minimum. (12/13 for reserves)
- NavBlue PBS bidding effective June 2019
- Trip rig 3.5:1, duty rig 2:1
- Long call reserve : 14-hour callout, Short call reserve : 3 hrs before departure
- Line holders may drop to zero subject to monthly red/green grid. Grid must start out the month with 75% green days
- Reserve lines built with same RAP for entire month. No ready reserve. 6 hour early release on last day of reserve if no assignment.
- Roughly one-half of Spirit's revenue is generated from ancillary (carry-on baggage, baggage, etc) fees
- Spirit Airlines announced in October 2019 it will place a firm order for 100 A320neo-family jets
- It plans to take a mix of A319neos, A320neos, and A321neos, with deliveries between 2022 and 2027. The airline will also have options for another 50 aircraft.
- This page last updated: September 2, 2020 (Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
In Compass Airlines
How do y’all feel about the SF340 in the winter... Love the airplane ...Replies: 2262 | Views: 915616
In Mesa Airlines
After reading most of this, it appears that JO could merely being setting Mesa up for a sale, to eit ...Replies: 6859 | Views: 1795070
To list for a jumpseat on Spirit Airlines go to teamtravel.spirit.com. Click on the “Other Airline” tab and fill out the required information including the verification code provided to you by your jumpseat coordinator. A listing can be made within 72 hours of departure time. First offline pilot to check in gets the jumpseat. Spirit will take as many jumpseaters as there are available cabin seats/jumpseats.
All but 2 319s have 2 jumpseats, all 320s have 1 jumpseat, and new yellow 321s have 1 jumpseat.
Some of the 320 NEOs have 2 jumpseats.
Spirit Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
12 year CA DOS +4 is $260/hr
12 year FO DOS +4 is $172/hr
Monthly guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 72 hours
Open time pick-up pays 100%
All premium flying (X/Y list, JA) pays 200%
International pay override is 8%.
Pay rates for A319/A320/A321. Rates do not include 2% A321 override which is received on a monthly percentage basis of A321 block hours to total block hours flown and is paid to all pilots regardless of which aircraft you fly.
Most Junior CA hired: April, 2017 (FLL)
13% defined contribution; 1% increase per year to 15%
401K Matching: Yes