- Membership costs have changed as of Nov 2017.
- Surf Air flies to 12 cities within California and operates up to 90 flights per day
- MYF-HHR service has started.
- Line bidding system is in planning stages. Lines will be built by the SOC director and Senior Crew Scheduler, and be reviewed by the Pilot Action Committee prior to publishing.
- Operations into Santa Ana, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Mammoth Lakes, and Bakersfield are being sought after
- In May 2017, Surf Air transferred the operations portion of the airline to Encompass Aviation.
- In June 2017, Encompass applied for a FAR135 interstate commuter authority which will allow Surf Air to expand its network outside the confines of California.
- Fleet of 12 PC12-47E "NG" aircraft, one of which has a 5-blade composite Hartzell propeller. All future deliveries will have this prop. Options for 60 airframes.
- 3 aircraft ready for delivery have been repainted and resold by Pilatus. They are not on property.
- Bases SoCal (BUR and HHR codomiciled), NorCal (OAK and SQL codomiciled), SBA, and MYF. Carlsbad station has been closed.
- All aircraft have 2 iPads
- 66 pilots on property.
- ATC callsign: “ROME”
- Airline established June 2013
- This page last updated: February 22, 2018 (Domiciles)
Trending from the Forum
In Part 135
Sent you a private message..check APF inbox ...Replies: 5406 | Views: 1773173
No. Surf Air pilots have a cabin jumpseat agreement on Virgin.
Surf Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Pilots are paid $125 per day during training (1099 contract status) until successful completion of the checkride
Monthly Pay Guarantee for Line Holders: 72 hours
Monthly Pay Guarantee for Reserves: 72 hours
Minimum Pay per day guarantee: 4 hours
Reserve Details: System Reserve (SR) and Base Reserve (BR) Duty Periods each carry four (4) hours pay credit. SR and BR pilots assigned any company duty during reserve periods will be credited four (4) ahours or the scheduled block hours of assigned flying, whichever is greater.
Reserve days will be built into your schedule as is currently being done. A reserve day is still worth 4 hours and days may be filled in to bring a pilot's schedule up to 72 hours for the month.
Two calendar days prior you will be assigned a start time for your reserve shift and will be on call for a total of 12 hours. If assigned a trip toward the end of your reserve shift your total duty day may be longer than 12 hours, however, you will not be on call for more than 12 hours.
All pilots will be paid "block or better" per duty period. If at the end of the day your actual total block is greater than the scheduled block, you will be compensated for the greater of the two.
Most junior NorCal captain (upgrade): August 2016
Most junior NorCal captain (street captain): Feb 2016
Most junior SBA captain: Oct 2015
Most junior SoCal captain (street captain): Dec 2016
Most junior SoCal captain (upgrade): Feb 2016
Most junior CRQ captain: Aug 2013
* System Reserve (SR) allows the company to bring you to any base for a reserve assignment. Base Reserve (BR) only allows the company to assign trips out of open time in your domicile.
401K Matching: No
Full medical benefits, 401(k) with no company match.