- Surf Air is a California-based airline that offers unlimited flights (billed as "all-you-can-fly") for a fixed monthly fee. It charges $1,950 per month plus a $1,000 signup fee.
- Surf Air flies to 12 cities within California and operates up to 90 flights per day
- San Diego (MYF) to Hawthorne service to begin by Q2/Q3
- Surf Air announced the sale of its 3,000th membership in June 2016
- Operations into Santa Ana, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Mammoth Lakes, and Bakersfield are being sought after
- In May 2016, Surf Air took delivery of 2 PC-12NGs phasing out the remaining 2 “legacy” (PC-12/45) aircraft
- All future deliveries will have the 5 blade propeller.
- 3 additional aircraft ready for delivery that will complete the original order of 15 aircraft placed in 2014
- Options for 50 aircraft.
- All aircraft have 2 iPads
- ATC callsign: “ROME”
- Airline established June 2013
- This page last updated: September 6, 2017 (Hiring)
Trending from the Forum
In Part 135
Where are the EMB-120s based? ...Replies: 4018 | Views: 1022824
No. Surf Air pilots have a cabin jumpseat agreement on Virgin.
Surf Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Pilots are paid $125 per day during training (1099 contract status) until successful completion of the checkride
Monthly Pay Guarantee for Line Holders: 72 hours
Monthly Pay Guarantee for Reserves: 72 hours
Minimum Pay per day guarantee: 4 hours
Reserve Details: System Reserve (SR) and Base Reserve (BR) Duty Periods each carry four (4) hours pay credit. SR and BR pilots assigned any company duty during reserve periods will be credited four (4) ahours or the scheduled block hours of assigned flying, whichever is greater.
Reserve days will be built into your schedule as is currently being done. A reserve day is still worth 4 hours and days may be filled in to bring a pilot's schedule up to 72 hours for the month.
Two calendar days prior you will be assigned a start time for your reserve shift and will be on call for a total of 12 hours. If assigned a trip toward the end of your reserve shift your total duty day may be longer than 12 hours, however, you will not be on call for more than 12 hours.
All pilots will be paid "block or better" per duty period. If at the end of the day your actual total block is greater than the scheduled block, you will be compensated for the greater of the two.
Most junior NorCal captain (upgrade): August 2016
Most junior NorCal captain (street captain): Feb 2016
Most junior SBA captain: Oct 2015
Most junior SoCal captain (street captain): Dec 2016
Most junior SoCal captain (upgrade): Feb 2016
Most junior CRQ captain: Aug 2013
401K Matching: No