- Airline was established in 2001
- ZED fair travel available on Delta, JetBlue, United, Spirit, and several other major and regional airlines
- 900 TT minimum, 1,200 TT preferred for FOs, but minimums flunctuate (apply with 800)
- Bases: OXC, HPN, SJU
- Have a training agreement
- $5000 annual salary increase for CAs
- Upgrade opportunities at as low as 1200 hours (Part 135 minimums)
- Paid uniforms and training
- 401K Plan | Tradewind Matches up to 4% of employees’ annual salary after 120 days of employment.
- Travel benefits – Free standby flights on Tradewind Routes 30 days after employment
- ATC callsign: "GPD" - "Goodspeed"
- This page last updated: April 27, 2021 (Pilots)
Trending from the Forum
Just curious...how often do they have ATL 73n in the new hire drops? TIA ...Replies: 3893 | Views: 1872333
Payment starts at the first day of training
Hotel is provided during training
Training contract starts when hired and ends at 1 year as a captain. Prorated payback of $17k
Typical Tradewind Pilots join as a Pilatus SIC. Captains who fly the PC-12 for two years are eligible for upgrade to the CJ3.
Pilot Hiring Minimums:
SIC Requirements – 900TT | 500TT CC | 100TT Night
PIC Requirements – 1200 TT | ATP or previous Part 135 Experience
Most junior upgrade: February 2020
ZED fares on most major US and some European carriers after 6 months.
Free standby travel on Tradewind scheduled routes after 30 days of employment
Tradewind Aviation, LLC PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Disregard above Pay Calculator, all pilots are salaried employees
PC-12 years 4-10 include $5,000 for ARGUS qualification with a $700 day rate. If a pilot does not meet the ARGUS PC-12 Captain requirements, $5,000 will be deducted from the published years 4-10 PC-12 Captain pay scale and the day rate will remain at $600. PC-12 Captains upgrading to CJ3 First Officer will start the CJ3 First Officer pay scale with 1 year less seniority than currently held in the PC-12 Captain pay scale. CJ3 First Officers upgrading to CJ3 Captain will start the CJ3 Captain pay scale with 1 year less seniority than currently held in the CJ3 First Officer pay scale. CJ3 pilots are dual qualified in the PC-12 CJ3 Captains must maintain ARGUS qualification once the requirements are met. Pay scale progression is subject to satisfactory completion of performance reviews.
Domestic Per Diem (Hourly): $3.21/per hour plus $15.00 overnight
International Per Diem (Hourly): $3.21/per hour plus $30.00 international overnight
Up to 4%
401K Matching: Yes