- Envoy Air (formerly American Eagle Airlines) now offers industry leading pay, placing Envoy among the top regional airlines in pilot compensation and enabling First Officers to earn $60,000 or more during their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
- All Envoy new hire pilots receive up to $22,100 signing bonus, payable on their first day of training. Envoy also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- Direct-Entry Captains can earn an up to $45K bonus with 960 hours of Part121 time. Visit jobs.envoyair.com/dec for more information.
- Near-Entry Captains can also earn an up to $45K bonus with 500 hours of Part 121 or Part 125 time. Visit jobs.envoyair.com/dec for more information.
- Envoy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group, with headquarters and training facility in Irving, Texas (DFW area)
- From 2010 to 2018, Envoy flow-through pilots have made up about 56% of all American Airlines new hires
- At this point in time, new hires should expect to flow in 5.5 - 6 years.
- With more than 17,000 employees, Envoy operates more than 175 aircraft on about 1,000 flights per day to 150 destinations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas.
- Envoy operates an all-jet fleet comprised of Embraer 175, 145 and 140 aircraft, as well as Bombardier CRJ-700.
- American Airlines will add 40 more 76-seat, two-class Embraer 175 aircraft to the Envoy fleet from late 2018 to mid-2020. The E175 fleet will nearly double from 44 to 84 jets.
- Envoy covers the cost of the ATP-CTP course for candidates needing to complete the exam prior to training.
- Rotor Transition Program (RTP) available for military rotor-wing pilots transitioning to a career in commercial aviation. Pilots train at Coast Flight Training in San Diego, Calif., San Marcos, Tex., Fort Rucker, Ala., and Washington D.C. All RTP pilot trainees are eligible to receive financial assistance from Envoy and Coast Flight Training.
- Envoy offers employees a $5,000 referral bonus for every Direct Entry Captain who is referred and passes training.
- Envoy maintains crew bases at the hubs they share with American Airlines in Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Chicago (ORD), New York (LGA), and Miami (MIA). Envoy also offers one of the most generous commuting policies in the industry. Commuting pilots receive four company-paid hotels per month at the beginning or end of their trip and schedule flexibility up to six times in a rolling 12-month period, if they experience difficulty with their commute.
- All Envoy employees are eligible for American Airlines Group Profit Sharing Plan, as well as monthly performance bonuses of up to $100, based on meeting key operational targets.
- All Envoy employees are given flight privileges on American Airlines mainline and regional flights for them, their families and friends.
- Envoy provides complimentary Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check access to all crewmembers.
- ATA code: MQ; ICAO code: ENY; ATC callsign “Envoy”
- This page last updated:February 19, 2019 (Quicktake, Paynotes, Pay Scale and Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
In Air Wisconsin
Wow 24 Sims and 100 hours ioe and they want first year pay increase, bull. Most of us had 10 Sims an ...Replies: 6725 | Views: 2201786
Allegiant management believes there isn't and never will be, a pilot shortage. ...Replies: 6076 | Views: 2280684
No training contract required. Planning to hire at least 650 pilots for 2017.
Up to a $22,100 signing bonus available to all new-hires who sign a two year agreement
Envoy provides the ATP-CTP course for pilot candidates to take the ATP written knowledge exam (including travel and hotel accommodations).
First Officer Minimum Qualifications:
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with multiengine and instrument ratings
- Within one year of achieving ATP or R-ATP flight experience minimums
Military aviators qualify for the lowest minimum R-ATP certificate at just 750 hours total time and 250 fixed-wing PIC
Flow-through to American Airlines:
All Envoy pilots are eligible for seniority based, no-interview flow through to American Airlines. The following table outlines the different groups of pilots at Envoy and their corresponding rate of flow to American Airlines, based on their date of hire:
Flow Rate to American Airlines
On or before 10/11/2011
35% of all AA new hire training slots. 50% of all AA new hire training slots, no fewer than 29 per month can be withheld by Envoy.
35% of all AA new hire training slots, no fewer than 15 per month can be withheld by Envoy.
After DOS (12/23/2014)
A) 25% of all AA new hire training slots in that calendar year, or
B) Fine new hire training slots (increased by one for every 125 pilots above the base number of 480 on the seniority list) multiplied by the number of calendar months in that calendar year.
List at ticket counter or gate. May also list: 888-933-5922 (option 3). CASS participant.
Envoy Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
First Officer Compensation:
New hire First Officers will start at the Year 3 hourly pay rate ($38.28/hr) in addition to receiving a sign on bonus of up to $22,100, earning $60,000 or more during their first year.
After one year of service, First Officers will move to the Year 4 hourly pay rate and receive a $20,000 retention bonus, paid in installments of $2,500 per quarter over a two-year period.
Direct Entry Captain Compensation:
New hires participating in the Direct Entry Captain program are eligible to receive a sign on bonus of up to $45,100, earning $100,000 or more during their first year. Including per diem, performance bonuses, and profit sharing increases earnings to $110,000 or more during the first year.
Line-holder guarantee: 72 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Pay rates increase by 1% each year beginning DOS+36 months (January 2018)
Envoy uses seniority-based pay banding for captains regardless of actual aircraft flown (i.e. E175 pay band, CRJ pay band, EMB pay band). The size of the pay band is determined by the staffing required for the number of aircraft within the band.
Most junior captain:
At this point in time, new hires should expect to flow to American Airlines in 5.5 - 6 years.
After the first year, the company provides a 50% match on first 7% of employee contribution. After five years of seniority, the company provides a 75% match on the first 7%, and after ten years seniority, an 80% match on the first 8% of employee contribution.
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service