- New Embraer E175-SCs flying for United Express and arriving in spring 2019. E175-SC (special configuration) is a 70-seat version of the E175.
- New ownership in early 2019. ExpressJet is being acquired by ManaAir, LLC, a company in which United Airlines has a minority interest.
- New pilot contract ratified in October 2018 offers top-tier pay and work rules.
- Earned Quarterly Override – Paid in addition to line pay o First Officers earn up to $2,500 per quarter for averaging 70 hours of credit per month o Captains earn up to $2,000 per quarter for averaging 70 hours of credit per month
- $22,000 sign-on bonus for new-hire pilots. Plus, an additional $5,000 with an eligible type rating.
- Career Path Program with United Airlines offers guaranteed interview with United. More than 250 pilots through the program since 2017.
- Crew domiciles at IAH, ORD, CLE, EWR. TYS coming early 2019.
- No wait for training – classes available
- Training is conducted with ExpressJet instructors under an ExpressJet curriculum at ExpressJet facilities in Houston.
- EFB provided at no cost
- New fleet E175: 25 (arriving Spring 2019)
- Profile last updated: January 29, 2019 (Quicktake, Hiring, Paynotes, Pay Scale and Retirment)
Trending from the Forum
In Hiring News
I interviewed on 3/24/11 and I got the FEDEX pool letter yesterday too. there were 11 candidates. I ...Replies: 17507 | Views: 5751987
Alaska will always keep OO in their back pocket to whipsaw Horizon. Not saying that with malice, jus ...Replies: 10880 | Views: 2693195
The new ATP minimums have been adopted by Expressjet.
Anticipate the need to hire 600+ pilots in 2019
Hiring 2 classes per month for the remainder of year.
ExpressJet jobs page.
Certificates/Ratings: CMEL with Instrument Rating
ATP Written: Course and written provided by ExpressJet as part of paid training
Military: 750 hours
R-ATP qualified: 1,000 or 1,250 hours (FAR 61.159 and 61.160, AC 61-139)
Or 1,500 hours
25 hours ME fixed-wing
*Above requirements must be met prior to entering scheduled air carrier service
Medical: Ability to hold FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
Age: At least 21 years of age
Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Background Checks: DOT Background / criminal history / reference check / fingerprints/ National Drivers Record / No excessive check ride failure
ExpressJet interview gouge
Check in at gate. Multiple jumpseaters allowed. CASS participant.
(Click and drag the sliders)
Training pay: 65 hour guarantee at $40 per hour
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most junior captain date-of-hire:
September 2011 (ERJ 145)
June 2005 (CRJ 200)
Holiday Pay for Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Years day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July
100% of up to 4-6%*
401K Matching: Yes
$22,000 sign on bonus Defined contribution only applies to pilots hired prior to 10/24/2018, new hire pilots no longer receive defined contributions.
ERJ defined contribution, in addition to 401K matching, is a percentage of the pilots pay, based on years of service