- All aircraft currently are operated under a CPA agreement with Alaska Airlines and have Alaska livery
- Minimum 30% of Alaska Airlines pilot hires come from Horizon every year
- For all Horizon Air pilots, there is a guaranteed interview program and permanent application window in place with Alaska Airlines
- New hire bonus ($25,000 for Q400 pilots, $20,000 for E175 pilots) Click here for more information
- PBS (NAVBlue) bidding
- All remaining 2017 E175 to resume delivery in April 2018 at a rate of 1 to 2 per month.
- Horizon Air has 33 firm E-175 orders with options for 30 more
- Total fleet size will be 65 aircraft by end of 2017
- Horizon Air's entire fleet of Bombardier Q400s are HGS equipped for full CAT III operations. They are also are certified for RNP .01 operations using dual Universal UNS-1EW FMS systems. Horizon Air is the only regional airline in the world to use these two technologies.
- Union to build trips and lines
- ALK Employee stock purchase plan.
- 15% discount through 6 month offering period with the discounted purchase price at the lower of either first or last day of offering period.
- ATC callsign: "Horizon Air"
- Upgrade time 2 to 2.5 years
- This page last update: March 7, 2018 (Quicktake, Hiring, Pilots)
Trending from the Forum
In Hiring News
Anyone have any info on Atlas? ...Replies: 17017 | Views: 5417326
Hiring 300 pilots in 2018
New hire bonus ($25,000 for Q400 pilots, $20,000 for E175 pilots) Click here for more information
Application window is open
Current classes for new captains are at 2.5 years of company seniority
We currently have 2 classes per month
For hiring info, please contact: Deja Hubbard (503)384-4531 / [email protected]
Company badge and jumpseat/CASS privileges are given on day 1. KCM badge approximately 1 week later.
Horizon Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
- Industry-leading Performance Based Pay (PBP) and Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) programs
- Minimum guarantee is 70 hours for lineholders and 75 hours for reserve
- 12 bids a year
- New-hires on the Q400: $20,000 bonus ($10,000 paid at the completion of training and $10,000 awarded after first year of service)
- New-hires on the E-175: $10,000 bonus ($5,000 paid at the completion of training and $5,000 awarded after first year of service)
- Most junior captain hired:
- Q400 January 2018 (PDX)
- E175 March 2017 (SEA)
401K: $1 for $1 up to 6%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none