- Founded in 1981, Horizon Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Air Group with headquarters and training facilities in Seattle and Portland.
- Horizon Air operates 30 E175 and 32 Q400 76-seat aircraft for Alaska Airlines. There are options for up to 30 more E175s.
- New hire pilots choose the airframe they want to fly.
- Pilot Development Program. Private pilots receive a $12,500 stipend, have opportunities to develop skills through mentoring from a professional pilot, and be included in special events. Upon completion of ATP/R-ATP minimums, receive a class date with Horizon Air.
- Part 135 Pathways. Pilots flying for a Horizon partner Part 135 operator will have the opportunity to interview with Horizon while you’re still accumulating the required hours for your ATP certification.
- Horizon Air covers the cost of the ATP-CTP course for candidates needing to complete the exam prior to training.
- Alaska Airlines Pathways Program. Alaska Airlines targets to hire 30-50% of its new hires from Horizon, in 2019 the actual number was 40%. In the past 3 years, Alaska Airlines has hired over 200 Horizon Air pilots.
- E175 crew bases in Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX). Q400 crew bases in Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), Spokane (GEG), Boise (BOI), and Medford (MFR).
- Horizon Air is the first E175 operator to achieve CAT III autoland operations. E175 RNP approach capability has also been achieved.
- Free unlimited travel on Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air on a stand-by basis. Fee-based and restricted stand-by travel on other airlines, discounted full-price fares on Alaska and Horizon
- Horizon will exercise nine options from our 2016 order with Embraer, five for delivery in 2022 and four in 2023. Three separate firm E175 orders now slated for delivery in 2025. We also still have 21 remaining options. This update gives Horizon 12 firm orders for E175s through 2025. Horizon will be keeping the Q400 fleet for the next several years. Updates to seat coverings and new flight deck Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs) planned.
- IATA: QX, IACO: QXE
- ATC callsign: "Horizon Air"
- PAE will be a full e175 domicile starting March 2022. ANC will be a full e175 domicile starting spring 2022 (no firm month yet).
- This page last updated: January 17, 2022 (Quicktake Domiciles)
Trending from the Forum
Hey guys. Have an interview with silver scdugled and was hoping to get a few questions answered. Sur ...Replies: 6798 | Views: 3309301
New Hire Bonus of $17,500 for the Q400 and $5,000 for the E175 paid upon completion of IOE. Receive an Experienced Hire Bonus based on prior qualifying time up to $32,500 for the Q400 and $10,000 for the E175 paid over the first 18 months. Join us on the Q400 with prior qualifying time and receive up to $50,000 in bonuses!
PAE 175 base (Temporarily closed due to reduced demand/terminal closure. No Estimated Date of reopening)
All aircraft back in service as of June 2020 after April/May Schedule Reduction Current Upgrade Times: (Will change due to no vacancies being offered July/August)
E175 approximately 3 years Q400 approximately 2 Years
2 Classes per month per aircraft scheduled through 2021
Application window is open
For hiring info, please contact:
Horizon Air Recruiting
Company badge and jumpseat/CASS privileges are given on day 1. KCM badge approximately 1 week later.
Single occupancy hotel rooms during training
Company issued iPads
Horizon Air PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
- Industry-leading Performance Based Pay (PBP) and Operational Performance Rewards (OPR) programs
- Minimum guarantee is 70 hours for lineholders and 75 hours for reserve
- Traning pay is 16 hours per week until completion of IOE
- 12 bids a year
- Most junior captain hired:
- SEA E175 June 11, 2018
- SEA Q400 September 17, 2018
- PDX E175 April 3, 2015
- PDX Q400 September 17, 2018
- PAE E175 April 2, 2018
- GEG Q400 January 22, 2018
- BOI Q400 September 18, 2017
- MFR Q400 August 20, 2018
401K: $1 for $1 up to 6%
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none