- PSA leads the industry in pay. First Officers earn up to $60,000 their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
- All PSA pilots receive up to $21,560 signing bonus
- PSA also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- PSA’s Cadet Program partnership with dozens of universities and flights schools has increased more than 500% as well as over 200% increase in students in the program since July, 2016.
- All PSA pilots are guaranteed a direct career path to American Airlines, through our industry-leading flow through agreement. No interview just a job at American Airlines.
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Captain within 24 months and flow through to American in 6-7 years.
- PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900.
- Headquartered in Dayton, OH, PSA has flight crew bases in Cincinnati, Knoxville, and Charlotte.
- PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton, Canton, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Knoxville.
- Opened DCA as new crew base
- American Airlines Group has transferred 11 of 47 CRJ700 aircraft (operated by Envoy Airlines) to PSA. Transfer to be completed by late 2017, bringing fleet total to 150 CRJ aircraft.
- Accepted our 54th CRJ 900 direct from the factory, bringing the total brand new CRJ-900’s to 54
- Currently 5 pilots a month flowing to American, increasing to 8 per month in the next 12-18 months
- Schedule Adjustment Period for line holders. Allows pilots to drop to 65hrs and rebuild their schedule as needed.
- Commuter Policy reimburses up to $250 a month for hotels touching beginning or ending of trip.
- PSA pilots fly the CRJ-200, 700, and 900 under a blended rate adjusted quarterly as ratio changes
- IATA code: US; ICAO code: JIA
- ATC callsign: "Blue Streak"
- This page last updated: October 6, 2017 (Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
I will nominate myself as the first for starting this. A very close 2nd goes to the compass capt. (w ...Replies: 10056 | Views: 4517891
American called!!! No, not really.. :D:D But here's the thread for when they do! ...Replies: 5697 | Views: 1843363
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
PSA Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Increased First Officer Pay: Starting pay for new-hire First Officers is $38.50 per hour. In their second year, pay increases to $40.28 per hour.
Increased Sign-on Bonus for CRJ Experience: PSA offers $16,560 sign-on bonus with an additional $5,000 for new-hire pilots with a CRJ type-rating.
First Officer Retention Bonus: First Officers will be eligible to receive a $20,000 retention bonus once they mark their one-year anniversary with the company. The bonus is paid in $2,500 quarterly installments beginning on the first quarter following their anniversary date and continuing over two years or until upgrade to Captain.
Captain Retention Bonus: All Captains on property at the time of signing the Letter of Agreement will receive a $7,500 retention bonus to be paid out in three $2,500 installments. The payments will be made on Jan. 1, 2017, June 1, 2017, and Dec. 1, 2017. If a Captain flows to American before receiving all of the retention bonus, the unpaid portion will be paid when he or she joins American.
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most Jr captain was hired April 2017.
Most Jr captain off IOE was hired Aug 2015.
Commuter hotels - $250 per month/$3000 per year credit for hotels in base
Company paid single-occupancy hotel rooms and 24/7 per diem provided during initial training - No training contract - Paid the greater of scheduled or actual block - All pilots provided parking passes for their base (DAY, CLT, TYS).
No minimum day pay for reserve pilots
Minimum day only applies on day 1 with a report before 1200L and on the last day with checkout after 1700L
Flying on a scheduled day off pays 125%, Junior man pays 175%
Years. Company Contribute. Company Match
6mos-5yrs: 1.5% of compensation 50% of 2%
5-7: 2% of compensation 50% of 4%
7-10: 2.5% of compensation. 50% of 8%
10+: 3.5 % of compensation 75% of 8%
401K Matching: Yes