- PSA leads the industry in pay. First Officers earn up to $60,000 their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
- All PSA pilots receive up to $21,560 signing bonus
- PSA also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- PSA’s Cadet Program partnership with dozens of universities and flights schools has increased more than 500% as well as over 200% increase in students in the program since July, 2016.
- All PSA pilots are guaranteed a direct career path to American Airlines, through our industry-leading flow through agreement. No interview just a job at American Airlines.
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Captain within 24 months and flow through to American in 6-7 years.
- PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900.
- Headquartered in Dayton, OH, PSA has flight crew bases including DAY, DCA, CLT, CVG, TYS, ORF, PHL.
- ORF and PHL have recently opened.
- PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton, Canton, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Knoxville.
- Maintenance domiciles include ORF and SAV.
- CR7 N501BG just arrived from SAW to DAY for transfer from Envoy to PSA
- Accepted our 54th CRJ 900 direct from the factory, bringing the total brand new CRJ-900’s to 54
- Currently 10 pilots a month flowing to AA, starting in March 2018
- Schedule Adjustment Period for line holders. Allows pilots to drop to 65hrs and rebuild their schedule as needed.
- Commuter Policy reimburses up to $250 a month for hotels touching beginning or ending of trip.
- PSA pilots fly the CRJ-200, 700, and 900 under a blended rate adjusted quarterly as ratio changes
- IATA code: OH; ICAO code: JIA
- ATC callsign: "Blue Streak"
- This page was last updated: July 6, 2018 (Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
That is likely the case, it's possible that you might fall into the February class if you're offered ...Replies: 9448 | Views: 3234209
Is it possible as a new hire to be 4 on and 3 off during reserve? ...Replies: 11082 | Views: 2772813
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
PSA Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Increased First Officer Pay: Starting pay for new-hire First Officers is $38.50 per hour. In their second year, pay increases to $40.28 per hour.
Increased Sign-on Bonus for CRJ Experience: PSA offers $16,560 sign-on bonus with an additional $5,000 for new-hire pilots with a CRJ type-rating.
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most Jr captain was hired April 2017.
Most Jr captain off IOE was hired Aug 2015.
Commuter hotels - $250 per month/$3000 per year credit for hotels in base
Company paid single-occupancy hotel rooms and 24/7 per diem provided during initial training - No training contract - Paid the greater of scheduled or actual block - All pilots provided parking passes for their base (DAY, CLT, TYS).
No minimum day pay for reserve pilots
Minimum day only applies on day 1 with a report before 1200L and on the last day with checkout after 1700L
Flying on a scheduled day off pays 125%, Junior man pays 175%
Years. Company Contribute. Company Match
6mos-5yrs: 1.5% of compensation 50% of 2%
5-7: 2% of compensation 50% of 4%
7-10: 2.5% of compensation. 50% of 8%
10+: 3.5 % of compensation 75% of 8%
401K Matching: Yes