- PSA leads the industry in pay. First Officers earn up to $60,000 their first year. See “Pay Notes” below for more details.
- All PSA pilots receive up to $21,560 signing bonus
- PSA also partners with dozens of Universities and Flight Schools, offering a Cadet Program to help aspiring pilots transition from the classroom to the flight deck.
- PSA’s Cadet Program partnership with dozens of universities and flights schools has increased more than 500% as well as over 200% increase in students in the program since July, 2016.
- All PSA pilots are guaranteed a direct career path to American Airlines, through our industry-leading flow through agreement. No interview just a job at American Airlines.
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Captain within 24 months and flow through to American in 6-7 years.
- PSA Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900.
- Headquartered in Dayton, OH, PSA has flight crew bases including DAY, DCA, CLT, CVG, TYS, ORF, PHL.
- ORF and PHL have recently opened.
- PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton, Canton, Cincinnati, Charlotte, and Knoxville.
- Maintenance domiciles include ORF and SAV.
- CR7 N501BG just arrived from SAW to DAY for transfer from Envoy to PSA
- Accepted our 54th CRJ 900 direct from the factory, bringing the total brand new CRJ-900’s to 54
- Currently 10 pilots a month flowing to AA, starting in March 2018
- Schedule Adjustment Period for line holders. Allows pilots to drop to 65hrs and rebuild their schedule as needed.
- Commuter Policy reimburses up to $250 a month for hotels touching beginning or ending of trip.
- PSA pilots fly the CRJ-200, 700, and 900 under a blended rate adjusted quarterly as ratio changes
- IATA code: OH; ICAO code: JIA
- ATC callsign: "Blue Streak"
- This page was last updated: July 6, 2018 (Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
im not sure which one from my two leg commute this morning was more tooly, the captain who at 7am on ...Replies: 10651 | Views: 5051818
In Compass Airlines
Do you have it in writing? If not then they scammed you. ...Replies: 13273 | Views: 2770125
List at ticket counter or gate. CASS participant.
PSA Airlines PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Increased First Officer Pay: Starting pay for new-hire First Officers is $38.50 per hour. In their second year, pay increases to $40.28 per hour.
Increased Sign-on Bonus for CRJ Experience: PSA offers $16,560 sign-on bonus with an additional $5,000 for new-hire pilots with a CRJ type-rating.
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most Jr captain was hired April 2017.
Most Jr captain off IOE was hired Aug 2015.
Commuter hotels - $250 per month/$3000 per year credit for hotels in base
Company paid single-occupancy hotel rooms and 24/7 per diem provided during initial training - No training contract - Paid the greater of scheduled or actual block - All pilots provided parking passes for their base (DAY, CLT, TYS).
No minimum day pay for reserve pilots
Minimum day only applies on day 1 with a report before 1200L and on the last day with checkout after 1700L
Flying on a scheduled day off pays 125%, Junior man pays 175%
Years. Company Contribute. Company Match
6mos-5yrs: 1.5% of compensation 50% of 2%
5-7: 2% of compensation 50% of 4%
7-10: 2.5% of compensation. 50% of 8%
10+: 3.5 % of compensation 75% of 8%
401K Matching: Yes