- Silver operates under a principal codeshare and alliance agreement with United Airlines and Jet Blue
- More Bahamian destinations than any other US airline • Owned by Versa Capital Management, a Philadelphia-based investment firm
- All Florida routes currently operated by Saab 340Bs
- Operating three bases: Tampa (TPA) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) and Orlando, FL (MCO)
- Around 125 daily scheduled flights between gateways in Florida and the Bahamas
- Announced the replacement of the Saab 340s with 14 ATR-42-600s and 4 ATR-72-600s.
- $12,000 signing bonus for new hire pilots
- iPads provided to all pilots
- Single occupancy hotel rooms during training with pay and per diem. Ground training done at FLL headquarters and simulator training done at PanAm Academy in MIA.
- 3 hours minimum pay per day
- 1:2 duty rig
- Deadhead pay: 50% for the first 5 hours; then 100% for all flights after
- Premium pay/junior assigned on day off/trip extended: 150% normal pay
- Vacation time: up to 9 days accrued 1st calendar year; 16 days for years 2-6
- Newly hired pilots are currently projected to upgrade to Captain in 18 months without previous experience or 6 months with experience.
- Direct career path to Frontier Airlines after 1000 PIC at Silver.
- IATA code: 3M; ICAO code: SIL
- ATC callsign: "Silver Wings"
- This page last updated: January 26, 2018 (QuickTake, Fleet)
Trending from the Forum
American called!!! No, not really.. :D:D But here's the thread for when they do! ...Replies: 5844 | Views: 1908329
Silver Airways interview gouge.
Minimums: 1,500TT, 50ME, 250PIC, COMM/INST/ME or qualify for a Restricted ATP Preferred
Mins: 100ME, Current employment in an active flying position Assistance programs available for select candidates who do not yet meet the minimums
Teamster contract is up for negotiation this year
All pilots offered opportunity to enter Frontier Pathway Program. Upon admittance into the program, candidates will be eligible to transition after completing 1000 hours PIC or 18 months PIC with Silver.
Reserve 3 to 6 months
Upgrade to Captain in 18 months; 4-6 months with previous qualifying experience
Silver Airways PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most junior Saab 340 captain hired: May 2016 (With no prior 121 flight experience)
Most junior Saab 340 captain hired: June 2017 (With prior 121 flight experience)
MCO is the most junior base.
$5,000 ATP/CTP with 1 year promissory note, pro rated
$12000 signing bonus pay out in 3 payments.
$3000 upon completion of training, $3000 after one year, and $6000 after second year.
Referral bonus of $2500.
$1.90/ hr (must be on duty >9hrs to receive per Diem)
24 hour per diem begins at the start of first day and ends upon moving days to base.
Company paid, single occupancy hotel room.
Full first year pay rate.
Transportation provided to and from any training event.
Reserve schedules are built with 11 days off.
Vacation/Personal Days are an accrual process. In first calendar year of employment, pilots accrue up to 9 days for use in second calendar year. In years 2-6 pilots accrue 16 days.
401K: 25% of first 4% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none