- Fort Lauderdale-headquartered Silver Airways is the airline of choice for Florida and the Bahamas, and operates more routes within Florida, and between Florida and the Bahamas than any other airline
- Average 125 daily flights to 18 destinations
- New service to Huntsville, AL announced Feb 2018; service begins May 2018
- Silver Airways is a codeshare partner with JetBlue, United Airlines, and Avianca
- Owned by Versa Capital Management, a Philadelphia-based investment firm
- Three bases: Tampa (TPA) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) and Orlando, FL (MCO)
- Signed letter of intent in August 2017 to renew and replace existing fleet of 21 Saab 340s with up to 50 new ATR-600 series aircraft, a transaction valued at up to $1.1B
- Initial order for 20 ATR-42-600 aircraft with ability to upgrade to the larger series ATR-72-600s; first ATR-42 delivery in March 2018
- With investment in ATRs, Silver becomes the first fully independent U.S. regional airline in more than 20 years to sign a new aircraft deal of this magnitude
- Newly hired pilots currently projected to upgrade to Captain in 6 months (with experience), or in 18 months (without previous experience)
- All pilots are extended a direct career path to Frontier Airlines after 1000 PIC at Silver
- Silver offers industry-leading program to provide up to $15,000 for pilots to obtain CFI/CFII/MEI, flight time to reach ATP minimums, complete ATP-CTP, or receive refresher training
- $12,000 signing bonus for new hire pilots; $2500 pilot referral bonus with no maximum
- Single occupancy hotel rooms during training with pay and per diem
- 3 hours minimum pay per day
- 1:2 duty rig
- Deadhead pay: 50% for the first 5 hours; then 100% for all flights after
- Premium pay/junior assigned on day off/trip extended: 150% normal pay
- Paid ATP-CTP training through partner school; paid travel and hotel during ATP-CTP
- Vacation time: up to 9 days accrued 1st calendar year; 16 days for years 2-6
- Paid Parking in Pilot's domicile or in Pilot's commuting airport
- Paid Known Crew Member (KCM)
- Interviews at FLL Headquarters or Skype; interview at MCO Hangar starting March 2018
- iPads provided to all pilots
- Ground training at FLL Training Center; simulator training at PanAm in MIA
- IATA code: 3M; ICAO code: SIL
- ATC callsign: "Silver Wings"
- This page last updated: March 14, 2018 (QuickTake)
Trending from the Forum
Allegiant management believes there isn't and never will be, a pilot shortage. ...Replies: 5894 | Views: 2159434
Silver Airways interview gouge.
Minimums: 1,500TT, 50ME, 250PIC, COMM/INST/ME or qualify for a Restricted ATP Preferred
Mins: 100ME, Current employment in an active flying position Assistance programs available for select candidates who do not yet meet the minimums
Teamster contract is up for negotiation this year
All pilots offered opportunity to enter Frontier Pathway Program. Upon admittance into the program, candidates will be eligible to transition after completing 1000 hours PIC or 18 months PIC with Silver.
Reserve 3 to 6 months
Upgrade to Captain in 18 months; 4-6 months with previous qualifying experience
Silver Airways PAYSCALES
(Click and drag the sliders)
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Reserve guarantee: 75 hours
Most junior Saab 340 captain hired: May 2016 (With no prior 121 flight experience)
Most junior Saab 340 captain hired: June 2017 (With prior 121 flight experience)
MCO is the most junior base.
$5,000 ATP/CTP with 1 year promissory note, pro rated
$12000 signing bonus pay out in 3 payments.
$3000 upon completion of training, $3000 after one year, and $6000 after second year.
Referral bonus of $2500.
$1.90/ hr (must be on duty >9hrs to receive per Diem)
24 hour per diem begins at the start of first day and ends upon moving days to base.
Company paid, single occupancy hotel room.
Full first year pay rate.
Transportation provided to and from any training event.
Reserve schedules are built with 11 days off.
Vacation/Personal Days are an accrual process. In first calendar year of employment, pilots accrue up to 9 days for use in second calendar year. In years 2-6 pilots accrue 16 days.
401K: 25% of first 4% pilot contribution
401K Matching: Yes
A/B Fund: none