- CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E175 aircraft currently operated for Delta
- CRJ2, CRJ7, and E175 aircraft currently operated for United
- SkyWest to own and operate 20 E175’s for American in 2021-2022
- E175 currently being operated for Alaska
- CRJ7 currently being operated for American
- CRJ Junior Domicile is DTW then ORD, ERJ Junior Domicile is ORD
- SkyWest was founded in 1972 and is the only US regional airline with an independent labor group
- New pay package ratified and in effect 11/1/2018 through 2022
- Company will pay $70 toward each required medical and has a $200/year uniform allotment
- SkyWest enters new 12-year flying agreement with Alaska for 9 additional E175 aircraft
- SkyWest to own and operate 16 new E175’s for Delta starting in 2022
- CRJ7, E175 currently being operated for American
- OO is IATA code: OO (letters, not numbers); ICAO code: SKW
- ATC callsign: "SkyWest"
- This page last updated: October 19, 2021 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
There won't be much of that... but the work rules are going down the path that kind of smells like a ...Replies: 2579 | Views: 1045034
In Piedmont Airlines
an idea was thrown around in our forum that AA would offer ENY (i assume PSA/PDT too) increased pay ...Replies: 6499 | Views: 1524960
For information on upcoming Recruitment Events please click below:
SkyWest has a 6-7 week training period for new hired pilots
All new hires into the CRJ/E175
Current new hires should expect 1.5 year upgrade or sooner. Upgrades are based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements.
SkyWest Pilot career page
Flight Experience: 1,500 hours - total time (200 hours - cross country, 100 hours - night, 25 hours - multi engine, 75 hours - instrument)
ATP Written Requirement: SkyWest will provide the means for pilot applicants to complete a SkyWest approved CTP course. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete this application, and successfully pass the pilot interview.
Industry Experience Credit: Have experience with an FAR Part 121 Carrier?
Upgrade Your Career and get paid for your experience. Join SkyWest’s team of professional aviators and don’t worry about pay – we will start your pay at a year-for-year match! That means that every year you have worked at a FAR Part 121 carrier counts towards your compensation and benefits (up to a 10 year rate). Plus, we’re offering a $7,500 bonus for experienced pilots. Come work for the best regional in the industry!
Pilot Pathway Program:
The SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program allows students to remain at their campus to complete their flight training until they are able to meet ATP standards. Each pilot has access to pilot mentors, can attend an enhanced introduction to SkyWest at their SLC facilities, can start building company seniority and will have a guaranteed final interview.
Program minimum requirements:
- FAA CFI Certificate First Class Medical FCC License
- Increased company seniority
- Enhanced Introduction to SkyWest including flight and lodging to SLC
- Mentor-ship from SkyWest pilot including mock interviews
- Guaranteed final interview
- Increased seniority within ground school
(Click and drag the sliders)
Pilot Profit Share Payout Program for all pilots, paid bi-annually. Additional Operational Performance Bonuses for pilots after 1 year at SkyWest and Financial Performance Bonuses for pilots after 2 years at SkyWest, paid quarterly.
On CRJ fleet, all soft time (vacation, sick, deadhead, min day credit, training, etc) are paid at CBR (CRJ Base Rate, aka. CRJ 200).
130% pay for awarded credit over 87 hours
Minimum daily guarantee at 4:12 hours. Duty Time Guarantee: at least one hour of pay for every two hours of Duty Time actually worked in a duty period.
Monthly minimum guarantee: 76 hours
1-2% raise each year from 2020-2022
Junior CRJ Captain hired Feb, 2018. Was awarded first upgrade award after hire. See the seniority at each location by aircraft type on www.skywest.com/pilot under the “seniority” tab.
CRJ Capt Hired Mar 2015 (DTW)
CRJ Capt Hired Dec 2014 (ORD)
E175 Capt Hired April 2015 (ORD)
4-12%* Based on years of service.
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service