- All new hires are going to the CRJ and EMB 175
- CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E-175 aircraft currently operated for Delta.
- CRJ2, CRJ7, and E-175 aircraft currently operated for United.
- CRJ2 and CRJ7 currently being operated for American.
- Starting September, 2018, SkyWest airlines will operate 20 CRJ700 out of DFW for American Airlines.
- CRJ Junior Domicile is DTW then ORD, ERJ Junior Domicile is ORD
- SkyWest is the only US regional airline with a non-unionized pilot group.
- Founded in 1972.
- New pay package ratified and in effect 11/1/2018 through 2022
- On CRJ fleet, all soft time (vacation, sick, deadhead, min day credit, training, etc) are paid at CBR (CRJ Base Rate, aka. CRJ 200).
- Company will pay $70 toward each required medical.
- Uniform allotment $200/yr.
- OO is IATA code: OO (letters, not numbers); ICAO code: SKW
- ATC callsign: "Skywest"
- This page last updated: October 18, 2018 (Quicktake, Pay Scales, Hiring, Pay Notes and 401k)
Trending from the Forum
Thanks SkyJet for the interview info, that's exactly what I was looking for. Your suggestion regardi ...Replies: 4573 | Views: 1750176
Thumbs down on the current slow down of OTS. And to be clear, I'll give a big thumbs up to increa ...Replies: 8277 | Views: 2432296
For information on upcoming Recruitment Events please click below:
>SkyWest Recruitments Events
Skywest has a 6-7 week training period for new hired pilots
SkyWest will put new hires through our FAA approved ATP/CTP course for those who require it; at no cost to the new hire
Double occupancy while in training
SkyWest is currently offering a $7500 bonus for those currently flying for a FAA Part 135 or has a type rating in a turbo jet aircraft > 12,500lbs. To be paid out upon completion of IOE.
All new hires into the CRJ/E175
DTW is the newest base and most JR followed by MSP
Current new hires should expect 1.5 year upgrade or sooner. Upgrades are based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements.
After being hired, only company flown time is counted towards upgrade.
SkyWest Pilot career page
Pay: $45/hr pay with 65hr guarantee in Training, and 76hr guarantee after training for the first year.
Flight Experience: 1,500 hours - total time (200 hours - cross country, 100 hours - night, 25 hours - multi engine, 75 hours - instrument)
ATP Written Requirement: SkyWest will provide the means for pilot applicants to complete a SkyWest approved CTP course. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete this application, and successfully pass the pilot interview.
Pilot Pathway Program minimum requirements:
- FAA CFI Certificate First Class Medical FCC License
- Increased company seniority
- Enhanced Introduction to SkyWest including flight and lodging to SLC
- Mentor-ship from SkyWest pilot including mock interviews
- Guaranteed final interview
- Increased seniority within ground school
(Click and drag the sliders)
Minimum daily guarantee at 4:12 hours. 1:4 time away from base pay guarantee
Monthly guarantee: 76 hours
1-2% raise each year from 2020-2022
New Pilot Profit Share Payout program. Pilot profit sharing increase from 7 to 9%.
Profit Margin Based Incentive Plan:
Paid out quarterly either by check or into 401k
Junior CRJ Captain hired Feb, 2018. Was awarded first upgrade award after hire. So instantaneous upgrades.
CRJ Capt Hired Mar 2015 (DTW)
CRJ Capt Hired Dec 2014 (ORD)
E175 Capt Hired April 2015 (ORD)
4-12%* Based on years of service.
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service