- All new hires are going to the CRJ and E175
- CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E175 aircraft currently operated for Delta.
- CRJ2, CRJ7, and E175 aircraft currently operated for United.
- E175 currently being operated for Alaska.
- CRJ Junior Domicile is DTW then ORD, ERJ Junior Domicile is ORD
- SkyWest was founded in 1972 and is the only US regional airline with a non-unionized pilot group.
- New pay package ratified and in effect 11/1/2018 through 2022
- Company will pay $70 toward each required medical and has a $200/year uniform allotment
- OO is IATA code: OO (letters, not numbers); ICAO code: SKW
- ATC callsign: "SkyWest"
- This page last updated: February 12, 2019 (Fleet and Pay Notes)
Trending from the Forum
In Part 135
Cape Air is looking more and more attractive to me these days, especially being able to live in the ...Replies: 2139 | Views: 1130686
It's not a flow. It's an interview. Correct! UA doesn't want to be tied down to any one group. AA ...Replies: 5230 | Views: 1370727
For information on upcoming Recruitment Events please click below:
SkyWest has a 6-7 week training period for new hired pilots
SkyWest is currently offering a $7500 bonus for those currently flying for a FAA Part 135 or has a type rating in a turbo jet aircraft > 12,500lbs. To be paid out upon completion of IOE.
All new hires into the CRJ/E175
Current new hires should expect 1.5 year upgrade or sooner. Upgrades are based on FAR Part 121-436 requirements.
SkyWest Pilot career page
Pay: $45/hr pay with 65hr guarantee in Training, and 76hr guarantee after training for the first year.
Flight Experience: 1,500 hours - total time (200 hours - cross country, 100 hours - night, 25 hours - multi engine, 75 hours - instrument)
ATP Written Requirement: SkyWest will provide the means for pilot applicants to complete a SkyWest approved CTP course. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete this application, and successfully pass the pilot interview.
SkyWest Rotor Transition Program: SkyWest Airlines is the place for rotor pilots who want to Take Control of Their Careers. SkyWest is now offering $20,000 in tuition reimbursement for fixed-wing transition training at any flight schools + a $7,500 bonus for military experience.
Learn more - http://www.skywest.com/RTP
Industry Experience Credit: Have experience with an FAR Part 121 Carrier?
Upgrade Your Career and get paid for your experience. Join SkyWest’s team of professional aviators and don’t worry about pay – we will start your pay at a year-for-year match! That means that every year you have worked at a FAR Part 121 carrier counts towards your compensation and benefits (up to a 10 year rate). Plus, we’re offering a $7,500 bonus for experienced pilots. Come work for the best regional in the industry!
Pilot Pathway Program:
The SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program allows students to remain at their campus to complete their flight training until they are able to meet ATP standards. Each pilot has access to pilot mentors, can attend an enhanced introduction to SkyWest at their SLC facilities, can start building company seniority and will have a guaranteed final interview.
Program minimum requirements:
- FAA CFI Certificate First Class Medical FCC License
- Increased company seniority
- Enhanced Introduction to SkyWest including flight and lodging to SLC
- Mentor-ship from SkyWest pilot including mock interviews
- Guaranteed final interview
- Increased seniority within ground school
(Click and drag the sliders)
Pilot Profit Share Payout Program for all pilots, paid bi-annually. Additional Operational Performance Bonuses for pilots after 1 year at SkyWest and Financial Performance Bonuses for pilots after 2 years at SkyWest, paid quarterly.
On CRJ fleet, all soft time (vacation, sick, deadhead, min day credit, training, etc) are paid at CBR (CRJ Base Rate, aka. CRJ 200).
130% pay for awarded credit over 87 hours
Minimum daily guarantee at 4:12 hours. Duty Time Guarantee: at least one hour of pay for every two hours of Duty Time actually worked in a duty period.
Monthly minimum guarantee: 76 hours
1-2% raise each year from 2020-2022
Junior CRJ Captain hired Feb, 2018. Was awarded first upgrade award after hire. See the seniority at each location by aircraft type on www.skywest.com/pilot under the “seniority” tab.
CRJ Capt Hired Mar 2015 (DTW)
CRJ Capt Hired Dec 2014 (ORD)
E175 Capt Hired April 2015 (ORD)
4-12%* Based on years of service.
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service