- All new hires are going to the CRJ and EMB 175
- CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E-175 aircraft currently operated for Delta.
- CRJ2, CRJ7, and E-175 aircraft currently operated for United.
- CRJ7 and E-175 (started July 1, 2015) aircraft currently operated for Alaska.
- CRJ2 and CRJ7 currently being operated for American.
- CRJ Junior Domicile is DTW then ORD, ERJ Junior Domicile is ORD
- SkyWest is the only US regional airline with a non-unionized pilot group.
- Founded in 1972.
- New pay package ratified and in effect 7/1/2017 through 2022
- Block Hour Override eliminated, specific rate paid for each aircraft type.
- On CRJ fleet, all soft time (vacation, sick, deadhead, min day credit, training, etc) are paid at CBR (CRJ Base Rate, aka. CRJ 200).
- Min. Daily Guarantee increase to: 4:12 (effective Oct. 1, 2015).
- Company will pay $70 toward each required medical.
- Uniform allotment $200/yr.
- OO is IATA code: OO (letters, not numbers); ICAO code: SKW
- ATC callsign: "Skywest"
- SkyWest Airlines will be recruiting and conducting onsite interviews at the following FREE FAPA.aero Pilot Job Fairs. You're welcome to attend even if you are not ready for an interview. Register Here!
- Chicago on September 30, 2017
- Orlando on October 28, 2017
- Honolulu on November 11, 2017
- Dallas on December 9, 2017
- This page last updated: September 18, 2017 (Quicktake)
Trending from the Forum
In Air Wisconsin
Wow 24 Sims and 100 hours ioe and they want first year pay increase, bull. Most of us had 10 Sims an ...Replies: 6154 | Views: 1844309
In Endeavor Air
then whats left in your closet after you packed all that? ...Replies: 15830 | Views: 2845662
Pilot Pathway Program minimum requirements: FAA CFI Certificate First Class Medical FCC License
- Increased company seniority
- Enhanced Introduction to SkyWest including flight and lodging to SLC
- Mentor-ship from SkyWest pilot including mock interviews
- Guaranteed final interview
- Increased seniority within ground school
For information on upcoming Recruitment Events please click below:
SkyWest Recruitments Events
Skywest has a 6-7 week training period for new hired pilots
SkyWest will put new hires through our FAA approved ATP/CTP course for those who require it; at no cost to the new hire
Double occupancy while in training
SkyWest is currently offering a $7500 bonus for those currently flying for a FAA Part 135 or has a type rating in a turbo jet aircraft > 12,500lbs. To be paid out upon completion of IOE.
All new hires into the CRJ/E175
DTW is the newest base and most JR followed by MSP
Current new hires should expect 1.5 year upgrade
SkyWest Pilot career page
Pay: $37.23/hr with 65hr guarantee in Training, and 76hr guarantee after training for the first year.
Flight Experience: 1,500 hours - total time (200 hours - cross country, 100 hours - night, 25 hours - multi engine, 75 hours - instrument)
ATP Written Requirement: SkyWest will provide the means for pilot applicants to complete a SkyWest approved CTP course. In order to qualify, the applicant must complete this application, and successfully pass the pilot interview.
- Boston on July 22, 2017
- Seattle on August 25, 2017
- Anchorage on September 9, 2017
- Chicago on September 30, 2017
(Click and drag the sliders)
Minimum daily guarantee at 4:12 hours. 1:4 time away from base pay guarantee
Monthly guarantee: 76 hours
2% pay increase for all pilots as of 7/1/17. 1% increases each thru 2022.
New Pilot Profit Share Payout program. Pilot profit sharing increase from 7 to 9%.
Profit Margin Based Incentive Plan:
Paid out quarterly either by check or into 401k
Most Junior CRJ Captain hired July 2016
Junior CRJ Capt Hired September 2016
CRJ Capt Hired Mar 2015 (DTW)
CRJ Capt Hired Dec 2014 (ORD)
CRJ Capt Hired Jun 2014 (MSP)
E175 Capt Hired Feb 2014 (ORD)
401K Matching: Yes
*based on years of service
BOI & SAN Domiciles open on September 1, 2017!